• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

aftermarket dvd unit in GMC Acadia

Fst Blk

I want to put a flipdown unit in my wife's Acadia using the dome light that has buttons for on/off. There are three wires one constant, ground, and a door ajar trip. I know I can tap into the constant for power but have read people having trouble with this killing the battery. I really want to be lazy and not rip apart her vehicle to accomplish this. Can I hook it up to this constant and put a snazzy toggle switch on the dvd unit (something that blends) to turn power to the dvd unit off when not in use to bypass this battery issue????

Bill

Call Crutchfield, they will not only tell you what works with your application, but they will send you the unit, and the installation kit and instructions!

They really make it easy and their prices are good too!

Mel

It depends on where the power source comes from. Most new vehicles run the dome light through a body ecu, using it as a power source could be problematic.

We are an Invision dealer. http://www.invisionautomotive.com/ I'll check but I'm sure we can order one if they have a fit kit for it.

It's a pretty nice product.

They make a overhead unit, headrest units and flip ups that replace the console lids.

The kits come with everything you need including a neat little fish wire so you don't have to pull the headliner down.

Hey Sluggo, i went to invision to look at some applications for my wife's Explorer and nothing came up for Ford.

Anybody else think this will work? If I can cut power off to the unit with a toggle would the wire standing hot at the toggle cause a draw?

Bill

Re: Re: aftermarket dvd unit in GMC Acadia

"sgtjunior" said:
Hey Sluggo, i went to invision to look at some applications for my wife's Explorer and nothing came up for Ford.

I'm not sure what brands they service. I'll have the parts geek check it out.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Parts guy is telling me that they do service Ford but only though a Ford dealer. We can only get Toyota stuff.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Found this.

--------------------------------------------
Car = 2008 GMC Acadia
DVD = Pyle PLRD92 (new in 2008)

I have run into a problem with this installation and it seems to be related to the Acadia

Back