• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Agent 47

One of my favorite mustang looks is a satin-black 69 sports roof. But this one, for some reason, misses the mark for me.

My chief complaints:
The side-exhaust dumps cut into the body.
The weird thrust-jet shaped air scoops that replace the inner '69 headlights (The 4 headlights is one of my favorite '69 features)
The rear race-style plexiglass window doesn't, IMHO doesn't go with the rest of the body styling.

I'd still be excited to check it out if I saw it sitting at a show. Definitely some amazing fab work in there.

I saw this car at the SAAC 35 event at Infineon Raceway back in Aug, and the work was top notch. If you're not one for modified Mustangs, it's definitely not a car for you. However, since I'm one to lean towards track machines, that car was definitely setup nicely for track driving, and I thought it was sweet!

"garner67" said:
I saw this car at the SAAC 35 event at Infineon Raceway back in Aug, and the work was top notch. If you're not one for modified Mustangs, it's definitely not a car for you. However, since I'm one to lean towards track machines, that car was definitely setup nicely for track driving, and I thought it was sweet!

I had a good look over it at SAAC35 also. WAY to nice for a track car! Some nice custom pieces on it though.

Its not a styling effort ala a Ele-snore. Its a track car with purposeful changes. I like it.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
One of my favorite mustang looks is a satin-black 69 sports roof. But this one, for some reason, misses the mark for me.

My chief complaints:
The side-exhaust dumps cut into the body.
The weird thrust-jet shaped air scoops that replace the inner '69 headlights (The 4 headlights is one of my favorite '69 features)
The rear race-style plexiglass window doesn't, IMHO doesn't go with the rest of the body styling.

I'd still be excited to check it out if I saw it sitting at a show. Definitely some amazing fab work in there.

Funny, those were my thoughts exactly.
Although I didn't realize at first look it was supposed to be a track car, still doesn't do it for me.

I'd call it more of a pro-touring car. A street car with track car potential. the body work and fab work they put into it feels like they were building their version of a Ring Bros. type car, they just did it with a car prepped for track duty.

And don't get me wrong, I love pro-touring cars...this one just missed it with me.

I like it, kinda has a "Mad Max" thing going. But I like "Ele-snore" too so my opinion doesn't count :craz
I think the pro-touring/track car look is cool. It has some touches I wouldn't have done but a lot of things I may copy in the future. When I did my take on Eleanor, my idea was to borrow from the Trans-Am 67 coupes and mix the styling of Eleanor. I thought the Eleanor mods were based on more of a track/race version of the Shelby with the R-model type nose, LeMans style gas filler, etc.. Of course I didn't really accomplish that with mine I guess but someday when I have more money than I know what to do with...
I am going to try and make the Drag car have a more "finished" look like this car's interior. While I plan to be bare bones I don't want it to look gutted. I think they did a nice job on this one.

Back