• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ah oh, snow!

tarafied1

they are predicting 4" of the white stuff, it could get ugly as we have no salt or plows in town!!!! Glad I gor my 4x4 F150!

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

A STORM WILL SPREAD SNOW ACROSS ALL OF SOUTHERN INDIANA AND CENTRAL KENTUCKY BEGINNING EARLY THURSDAY AND CONTINUING THROUGH THE AFTERNOON HOURS.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN DURING THE PRE-DAWN HOURS THURSDAY WEST OF INTERSTATE 65 AND OVERSPREAD THE BLUEGRASS AND LAKE CUMBERLAND AREAS SHORTLY AFTER DAWN. SNOW WILL END BY MID TO LATE AFTERNOON ACROSS CENTRAL KENTUCKY. HOWEVER...LIGHT SNOW MAY LINGER THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS ACROSS SOUTHERN INDIANA.

* MAIN IMPACT: TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY AND SOUTHERN INDIANA. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS NEAR THE TENNESSEE BORDER MAY BE SLIGHTLY LESS. WITH TEMPERATURES REMAINING WELL BELOW FREEZING...THIS SNOW WILL READILY STICK. EXPECT DETERIORATING ROAD CONDITIONS AND DIFFICULT TRAVEL THURSDAY MORNING.

* OTHER IMPACTS: VERY COLD ARCTIC AIR WILL ARRIVE BY EARLY EVENING THURSDAY. NORTHWEST WINDS UP TO 15 MPH WILL BRING BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW THAT MAY REDUCE VISIBILITIES. WIND CHILL READINGS WILL LIKELY FALL TO BETWEEN 0 AND 10 ABOVE DURING THE EVENING HOURS.

Snow....YUCK. For all the fruits and nuts here in People's Republic of Kalifornia, it's nice not having any. If I wasn't working on the wiring and swapping over to serpentine belts, I'd be driving this week -- sunny and nice.

Is that all? It's 10F counting the wind chill and there's more accumulating on top of the ~3" already on the ground here. :craz

I haven't seen the grass in a couple of days, heck, it took 45 minutes to make the 20 minute drive in today...yield to the people with snow tires, for the love of God!

yeah but 3-4" is about the yearly average here so to get that or more in one night is bad news!

I like your description of how cold it is Rick!

We're "hoping" that the same storm that is tracking through your area makes it down/over to us. It's been brutally cold for this area the past week or so..... and my thoughts are that if I have to put up with 22 degree temps there might as well be a blanket of snow on the ground too. We haven't seen an accumulation of snow here in over 5 years and I wouldn't mind seeing some.

looks like they expect it to track East, North of I 40. Starting tomorrow night. It has been unusually cold here too, only 29F today.

Damn southerners....... Our temps have been in the teens since x-mas. Gotten over a foot since then also. Hoping to get lots more!

"tarafied1" said:
why do people live up there?!? :barf

Shhhh..... we need all of those people to fix the rusty Mustangs..... imagine the price of repro sheet metal panels if the rust-belt people didn't have to buy them every time they resurrected a car.

"Fast68back" said:
No snow here, but its colder than my ex-wife thats for sure...

I'm calling BS on that, I'm in El Paso right now and it's short sleeve weather.......panzies.

Heading back to Kansas in the am and back to sub zero temps and more snow, I hope I get there! BTW Dave, I will be back on the tractor plowing snow immediately upon arrival home!

"silverblueBP" said:
I'm calling BS on that, I'm in El Paso right now and it's short sleeve weather.......panzies.

Hey retard, you do realize that El Paso is 10 hours away from me, its a shorter drive for me to drive to Deb, I mean your house than to El Paso..... Weather.com shows its 29 outside

"Fast68back" said:
Hey retard, you do realize that El Paso is 10 hours away from me, its a shorter drive for me to drive to Deb, I mean your house than to El Paso..... Weather.com shows its 29 outside

29*.........is cold...........for a girl :pbj

This is from 2 years ago, this is what I call FUN!
CIMG1821.jpg

holding004.jpg

holding018.jpg

holding035.jpg

This winter is starting out pretty good, hopefully we can get another like in the pictures!

Hey Ryan, nice garage/machine shed, and I can relate to the snow although we haven't had that much for a few years, they are guessing 4-6 here by saturday.

Ryan buddy, YOU WIN :ep

or lose, whichever way you look at it. That's a ridiculous amount of snow.

"RyanG85" said:
WIN! I love it. It can be a lot of work but I still love it. Some think I'm sick.
I'd be one of them! I spent the better part of my life growing up just West of Chicago and we had some winters like that but mostly it was just enough snow to screw up traffic. We had wicked cold days with nasty windchills, everything ended up being grey and yucky looking from the salt and sky was always grey too. With everything dead and grey and cold it was just depressing. Now the few time we had a BIG snow, it was fun for a day or two but it got old real quick!

Back