• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ah oh, snow!

"tarafied1" said:
We had wicked cold days with nasty windchills, everything ended up being grey and yucky looking from the salt and sky was always grey too. With everything dead and grey and cold it was just depressing.

Sounds like every day of my life. :cry

They've been blaring snow warnings all day for tonight and tomorrow, around 2in. Ohhh...2 inches of snow and the whole city thinks its the Apocalypse. There's been runs on the supermarkets already. The people here forget this is the south, not Siberia.

Heck we are being told we will get a couple inches today. Oh, well what's a little snow. Last year at this time we had 70 inches. Normal is 6-12 inches.

This year seems normal.

Mel

"Gigantopithecus" said:
They've been blaring snow warnings all day for tonight and tomorrow, around 2in. Ohhh...2 inches of snow and the whole city thinks its the Apocalypse. There's been runs on the supermarkets already. The people here forget this is the south, not Siberia.
pretty much the same thing here. It's kinda funny after living in the North. 2" is nothing up there, but we don't have ways to deal with it down here and if you run off the road it could litterally be days before someone might find you vs just going in a small ditch by an empty corn Field up North.

"daveSanborn" said:
We're "hoping" that the same storm that is tracking through your area makes it down/over to us. It's been brutally cold for this area the past week or so..... and my thoughts are that if I have to put up with 22 degree temps there might as well be a blanket of snow on the ground too. We haven't seen an accumulation of snow here in over 5 years and I wouldn't mind seeing some.

+1
If it's gonna bee this cold in NC for this long, at least it could snow. Then I could work on the Stang instead.

"tarafied1" said:
everything ended up being grey and yucky looking from the salt and sky was always grey too. With everything dead and grey and cold it was just depressing.

Sounds like my year in RI. I got back down here quick after that.

Left El Paso (Mexico North) this morning, came home to this shart :rp

RoadtoMarkshouseSmall.jpg

Thats beautiful Mark! We are getting freezing drizzle right now. Good to firm up the snow on the ground. Trails will be nice shortly!

It's the gravel road after the paved road from town TO my driveway :lol If I had a bigger tractor, my driveway would look just like it. Instead, it looks like a drunk driver was plowing my drive.

Mark you were in Northern Occupied Mexico?

I am in St. George, UT no snow in fact nice and sunny. Was about 55 today. SWMBO said it was clear and cold in Cedar City.

I wish I had a tractor to clear my property!

Mel

Woke up this morning, looked outside, saw the giant drifts.........again and decided we aren't leaving the house for a couple of days. I'll probably spend the weekend again digging out. 2* with a w-c of -18* and tomorrow & Sat will be colder and windier(?). Not much sense in trying to move the snow if the wind is just going to pile it back up!

If I ever meet algore, he's getting a swift kick in the knuts.

wuss....

I got up and was shoveling off 5 fresh inches of powder at 5am this morning... My neighbors REALLY love me now. :craz

Oh, 11 people gone at work from a 24 person crew. I drive further than ANY of them.

Git yer a$$ over here then and start "shoveling" my drive :pep

"RyanG85" said:
Thats beautiful Mark! We are getting freezing drizzle right now. Good to firm up the snow on the ground. Trails will be nice shortly!
OH yeah!!

Attachments

• winter crop 09.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 19
after all the hype of maybe up to 5" or 6" we only got a dusting. It's still spitting a little but doesn't look like it will add much more. :rp
72_07_01_10_10_22_54.jpg

"tarafied1" said:
after all the hype of maybe up to 5" or 6" we only got a dusting. It's still spitting a little but doesn't look like it will add much more. :rp

Same here, just a dusting...and a brutal wind. Winter still sucks.

Back