• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air Con - Compressor positioning

Aussie67

Looking for some advice. I have fitted a monte bar (yes I know it's curved) but it clashes with the top air con hose fitting. Is there any issue with rotating the compressor 90 deg to get clearance? I'm assuming the compressor won't be affected if its rotated?

I have an export brace fitted. so the monte bar is simply for looks.

IMAG0164.jpg

Thanks

Tony

Tony , to my knowledge you can rotate the compressor if that solves you problem. But keep it to a minimum.
You should avoid that the lines are entering on the bottom/lowest point of the compressor.
When the compressor sits still , oil could be accumulated in the lowest point of the lines or compressor and when you start your engine , the compressor could suck some fluid inside which is deadly for the compressor as it only can compress gas.
Sorry , bad explanation but I hope you get the picture.

Last edited:
Ok thanks Bruno, as always appreciate the help. The system needs re gassing anyway, so might give it a try, then take it round to the gas guys and see what they think. If they don't like it, I guess I can swap it back (assuming I haven't toasted the compressor).

OK so have re positioned the compressor and its a much better fit. Might need to trim the top left bracket on the compressor as there's only about 3mm gap. It's a modern compressor, so hopefully it will be ok with the oil back feeding.

Again appreciate the help mate. Beers on me when you're in town. We even have a Belgium bar here....

InkedIMAG0165_LI.jpg

OK so have re positioned the compressor and its a much better fit. Might need to trim the top left bracket on the compressor as there's only about 3mm gap. It's a modern compressor, so hopefully it will be ok with the oil back feeding.

Again appreciate the help mate. Beers on me when you're in town. We even have a Belgium bar here....

View attachment 32397
Great picture. Love seeing a brake booster in the right position, instead of those wrong hand drive ones. :)

Makes it a little easier to drive around here. Going to get the AC re gassed next week. These 43C/ 109F degree days are a little warm without it.

Back