• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Am I not alone?

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I don't care about the Olympics, Winter or Summer, and don't watch it at all. For some reason, I don't find it particularly interesting, especially the US media coverage of primarily US participants. If the wife has it on the TV, I typically go back to the man-cave and do something else than watch it.

Am I alone in this?

I agree, I couldn't care less about the Olympics. I feel the same way about all the other sports too.

The Olympics used to be a bigger deal for me but that has tapered off the last few or so. Like everything else is has become too politicized. Too much talk of diversity, etc. It's supposed to be about the athletes and even that term has been diluted over time. But I wonder why coverage focused on the US participants would bother anyone? It's a competition of both man vs. man and nation vs. nation. Unless were talking about some hottie track star from Brazil or such give me USA all day...if I have to watch.

It's like damn near everything else, way too politicized for me. I don't need a bunch of liberal pap force fed down my gullet. I just sit around and watch the squirrels beat up the rabbits till the crows come and kill both of them. Way more entertaining.

The Olympics suck this year! The media politicizing it takes the magic away. As do the athletes making political statements. If they keep their trap shut and do what they do best it would be magical again.

Just not watching it this year.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Used to love it, can not stand it now. The commentators are annoying. Just a camera feed without any commentators would be a lot better that the current state.

PS. I do not care for all the back stories.

I have found all sports to be much more enjoyable these days using the 'mute' function on my TV. With all the onscreen graphics being constantly posted, the announcers are just a distraction, not to mention annoying. The only time I turn on the sound is to here a ref's explanation of a football replay or something like that. And I sure don't want to hear everyone's life story. I've watched a little of the Olympics here and there, but not really interested or caring who wins.

I used to love the Olympics, but no more, although I do like to watch the opening ceremony. Didn't care much for this one. I used to be a competitive figure skater and I skied, but I don't even follow those anymore.

the winter olympics have never really held any fascination with me, the summer olympics still do though, but not as much as they used to. as has been noted, far too much intrusion of politics into sports. i havent watched pro basketball for more than a decade, though i still watch college basketball. pro football is getting on my nerves from time to time, especially when someone like bob costas spouts off on something he has no clue about, but is spouting off because he can.

i still watch college football as well. i dont watch much baseball anymore either. in fact the only sport i tend to pay great attention to anymore is auto racing, nascar mostly, but no more formula one.

Never been a sports man but use to watch sports with a half eye.
Nowedays I don't care cause too much money is involved.
One Belgian soccer player , who plays in the english premier league , earns about 180000€ a week .
For you americans its normal I guess , but here , for me , its out of proportion.
I do have more the feeling that drug money is involved here.
Some banks in southern europe are questable regarding sponsering soccerteams like Barcelona , Juventus and all major soccerteam.
I exspect some time in the future some kind of scandal will come up regarding sponsering those teams.
my 2 eurocent.

TV just sucks all the way around, especially sports. Funny though, we just upgraded the tv in the living room and I never watch it. Oh well, at least the FOX women are in 4K.

If it was up to me I would throw out the TV.
But I am not " The Boss " in the house .
Only in my garage , seller and yard. :confused::(

You guys must not have heard about Chloe Kim and her story, wouldn't let her compete last time because she was only 13. 17 yrs old now and won gold last night in the half pipe. It was frickin awesome!! She kicked everyones a$$!!

The Olympics suck this year! The media politicizing it takes the magic away. As do the athletes making political statements. If they keep their trap shut and do what they do best it would be magical again.

Just not watching it this year.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
that is what the mute button is for.
Back when the Olympics were in Norway, I had the boob tube on while disassembling the Alfa Romeo to get a valve job done on it. I think curling is absolutely insane.

Aw come on guys, ya gotta love how the main stream media puts down Pence and fawns all over Kim Jong Un’s sister, Kim Yo Jong.
CNN: Kim Jong Un's sister is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics.
Washington Post: The "Ivanka Trump of North Korea" captivates people in the South.

A key bit of context seems to have slipped under most peoples’ radars. Namely, she is not just the supreme leader of North Korea's sister—she is his chief minister of internal propaganda. Thus, Kim is an active player in keeping North Koreans mentally and emotionally enslaved to a regime that kills, rapes, tortures, imprisons, and starves, people by the millions every decade.

Whats not to love? Its just another reason why I listen with such rapt attention whatever a "journalist" expounds. Now, what were we talking about...sports??

Back