• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

And so it begins...

tarafied1

I drove my 67 to Nashville today to a swap meet/car show with my son. Then when we got home I took him out in the 99 for stick shift training. He did great. Too good. He now wants to drive the 99 GT instead of the truck!
On a side note, he saw a tunnel ram with dual Holley's and an Injector Hat at the swap meet that he now wants for his future 69 Mustang project. That's all he talked about on the way home! The gear head bug has really set in now. I taught him how to do a burn out too. Probably was a bad idea cuz man he loved that!!! We have decided that he will drive the 99 GT on the upcoming Hot Rod Power Tour with us in the 67.

Sweet!

My oldest daughter was in my 2000 Durango with a 390 with mild mods on her way home in the morning from a church class. The instructor lived a few blocks from us. they raced! She blew his doors off!

In church a couple days later he asked me if I knew about her racing him home.....I said, "Did she win?" He said yes and tat she told him I would say that.

I asked her later why she didn't tell me and she said she didn't want to spoil my answer to him.

Mel

"tarafied1" said:
On a side note, he saw a tunnel ram with dual Holley's and an Injector Hat at the swap meet that he now wants for his future 69 Mustang project. That's all he talked about on the way home!
Hope you explained to him how disappointed he will be driving that set-up on the street. Aside from the wow factor makes for a pretty lousy driving set-up. Ask me how I know. :whis

Yes we discussed all the gory details but i was unable to convince him it wS a bad idea.
I remember being that way too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back