• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any good articles?

I need to install relays for the new headlights. Any good articles out there? Anyone want to post pics of where/how they mounted theirs? Im leaning towards the core support to the right of the Rad. I also have two for the electric fans, they will probably go on the fan housing somewhere.

wow that was a great article.
i relocated the battery to the trunk so the right core support area is where i put my relay system.
i'll try and get you a pic, but please bear in mind this is just functional, that i'll be organizing everything in a "project box" in the future.

I've got 3 relays for low beam, hi beam, and starter solenoid.
I've got a flexalite fan that has a variable speed controller that basically has a built in relay.

78_16_12_08_7_54_34_1.jpg

78_16_12_08_7_54_33_0.jpg

I mounted the headlight relays and fan relays in the old battery apron area. The fan relays are not in this photo, but they were mounted to the rear of the radiator support.

000_0305.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
The fan relays are not in this photo, but they were mounted to the rear of the radiator support.

I think I will mount all for relays on the rear of the radiator support., The MSD will go under the dash for a cleaner look.

What is that wire wrapped with Dave?

What is that wire wrapped with Dave?

The wire is wrapped with a Painless Wiring product..... "Power-Braid" or something like that. They list it in their on-line catalog. Get the PN from their catalog and purchase it locally through AutoZone. It ain't cheap stuff, but damn if it ain't durable. It comes in .25, .375, .50 and 1" diameters IIRC and makes for a very clean install.

Back