• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone in 'Construction' business get me a price?

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Not sure if 'construction' or remodel business is the right term.

After the remodel of my home I have two boxes of 'engineered hardwood flooring' left over. So far the contractor hasn't asked for them back and its not like they would credit me for them if they did. So I have them and would like to sell them. My problem is when I do a search on the interwebs I find lots of places that sell this brand but all want me to call for price. Not sure how helpful they would be when I ask for a price per box and not knowing any other particulars of why I'm asking.

So can anyone help is getting a price of my flooring?
Thanks

It's not worth a whole lot. Here's why. The flooring is likely has a real wood surface layer to it and is prefinished. Flooring like that is made in "lots" or batches and some variation in finish color is expected from lot to lot. You always buy more than needed to allow for cuts, etc. Minimum over-purchase is 10% but on larger jobs with unique layouts more is better. That's why you have left over. Two boxes isn't going to do anyone anyone any good as the coverage area is too small for anything. There's also a risk it won't exactly match with another order purchased to get enough to do a room. You're sole market is someone who might want the material to do something unconventional with it. Accent wall, etc. Very limited.

Most flooring is between $50-100 a box new. Craigslist/Marketplace value on stuff like this is always about half if not less.

KEEP IT. You need spare planks in case of damage. Same reason I always save some tile when I do a floor or something. If you put it in your kitchen, for example, and the dishwasher springs a leak (engineered or not) you'll likely have need of replacement pieces to fix the damage and you'll have some to match!

Well round here people will buy anything. I thought if I made some money back why not. I do take you point about keeping it. Still curious though about the cost. And no......This brand is not carried at the big box stores

2 boxes would be hard to sell. Keep it just in case something happens.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Murphys Law says 2 weeks after you sell them, the new dishwasher being installed will scratch a plank in the middle of the kitchen.

Most of the boxes are around 20 sq ft per box at about $2.50/ft. So retail price about $50 a box. If you can get $25 a box I think you would be doing well. 40 sq. ft. Doesn’t cover a lot of floor space.

Facebook Marketplace or Letgo might be your best bet to sell them

So I got a price retail for each box....$166.22 and I have three boxes
And I didn't gain more space in the house. Besides these boxes are 8 footers, they do take up some space.

Well, had you provided some of that additional information in the first place maybe we might have had a clearer picture of your situation! Almost all the flooring I have ever seen comes in boxes with pieces no longer than 4'. Typically, the 4'ers are the longest and shorter, mixed length pieces make up the bulk. That's how you get to stagger the joints on a floor layout. Why you have is outside the "norm". How many square feet per box? You may have enough that it could make sense for someone to buy them off you. I'd still recommend keeping some for repairs, though.

No one asked about the details. I asked for someone to get a price. If such responded I would have the would given the details. All I got was advice on what to do with the flooring. All good advice but not what I was asking. I know about 'keeping' some in reserve.

Back