• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

axhausting personal delimma

Gigantopithecus

Ok, I'm at my wits end trying to pick out an exhaust for my truck, 07(new body 4.8l) crew cab Silverado. I already know that I want it to exit before the rear passenger tire at a 45 deg angle, minimal interior drone, and a nice deep rumble. I thought about 50 series flowmasters, but I'm worried about the drone. Magnaflow is on top so far since it has a nice growl and better flow. To keep the cost down, I just want to change the muffler and have the muffler shop weld up some pipes. I really don't want to spend $600 on a cat back, too much for my bank account. http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/16746/10002/-1 give you an idea what I'm looking at.

Any other muffler options you guys might have?

I went from Flowmaster 40's to Magnaflow and the car is much more civilized. I have side exit also, I think it sounds pretty good even at 70... I don't have OD, so that's about 3700 rpm's.

I dont think you should run any mufflers, just some chrome tips with the little bowties stamped on the ends. :guns

smokers4.jpg

4:11's, and how do you know I wasn't catching him! Anyway we just coming home from a cruise in. His is mostly stock, except for some Crager wheels and dual exhaust.

"AzPete" said:
Hell, he is only doing 37 mph at 6700 rpm. No wonder the mpg is down.....lol
Oh, and the one on the left is the speedo :run but you know sometimes it feels like she's revving 6700 rpm's at 37 mph, even if the speedo says otherwise. And then I find all this black rubbery stuff on the rear quarter panels...

I find that black stuff on my rear quarter panels also. Mine seems to be in conjunction with a dirty look from the passenger seat. Hmmmmm...

Dynomax race bullets have a nice deep rumble........ok, maybe a loud deep rumble..........alright, so they are just really loud, but they sound good!

Ok,Ok. I have 40's with long headers and full length pipes. Sounds ok. Mids wife complains when I drive in the driveway but I am thinking of a different muffler with side exits at the rear wheel. Loud is not a problem for me. On my '07, the 18" X 4" tips really deepened the sound with no mufflers on it.

Well, I went with a magnaflow. I couldn't get the pipes ran the way I wanted since it's illegal, so I opted for out the back. A cat back costs $700+, grand total for all mine was $255. Overall, I'm happy with it. It sounds real mean when you hit the loud pedal, nice and quiet when cruising.

Really....and since when do we worry about what's legal :wtf :nice

It's legal to have side exit pipes on a car, since the pipe is low to the ground. On trucks, the pipe exits much higher and blows into other cars....boo hoo. It's only legal if the pipe was there from the factory..I.E. Ford Lightning.

Back