• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Be proud Georgia...

My dad sent me this a couple of days ago, and I never took the time to watch it. Which just shows how easily we (or at least I) take for granted what's going on in the world, and how safe and easy our lives are right now, compared to other parts of the world, and the brave men and women who are literally giving their all to keep it like that.

Here is the text of the email:
> > From Fayettville to Mcdonough, Ga. Watch the whole thing. If you have not
> > seen this, it will make you proud to be an American.
> >
> > SSgt. Beale is the only American Soldier in Afganistan, so far, to give
> > his life for freedom, from Henry County, Ga. He is survived by a wife and
> > 2 children.

But when you put up the link, I opened it and realized it was the vid my dad had sent me, and figured maybe I should go ahead and watch it.

So from the comfort of my air conditioned office, I sat and watched it and about half way through I lost it.

That is the America I want to live in. One where we pay homage and respect the sacrifice others make so our lives can be so easy and free. I was blissfully ignorant of that day, even though it's a scant hour or so from where I live. I wish to say that had they been coming through where I was, had I been aware they were coming, that I would be out there saluting him and giving my few moments of silence in reverence to what he gave. But I can't promise that I would have been there. I may have had something come up, or I might have let the meaningless trials I face in my daily life keep me from doing the least small measure that I could have. I wish to say I'm a better man. I wish to take Pride in that Georgia, as Dave said...but I can't promise myself I would have been there...and that's what's worst of all. That I have allowed myself to take for granted what they are doing to keep my soft pansy ass safe.

But now having seen that, I can say that should one of these motorcades come through near me, I will do what I have to do to give that brave American a few seconds of my time. It really is the least I can do.

A thank you to all that served, and that continue to serve. Honestly, I wonder sometimes if our country even deserves the wonderful fighting force we have.

And thank you Dave, for sharing this.

Let's remember that troop donation button, everyone!!!

Steven

What a great way to show support for those that are / have given all so that we can live free in this great Country. It's hard to watch, but great at the same time.

Thanks for posting Dave.

I sat and watched it and about half way through I lost it.

You made it further than I did.... I had to turn off the sound to regain my composure, but still had trouble. Echoing your thoughts, what was more overwhelming for me was not so much the sacrifice of the soldier, but the small town sacrifices that were made to salute the fallen soldier on his last journey.

I made it 3/4 the way in then realized I had tears coming down my face. Thanks Dave. Very few things stir me to that point, and this definitely did. I wish all our fallen would be shown the same respect and gratitude for their sacrifices.

Im a little late on this one, but i think the bump is deserved. wow, i can only hope that more people watch this video. People need to realize just how important the men and women that serve this country are, and the respect they deserve. Thanks for posting!

Very cool video. I'm proud to have grown up in that neck of the woods, and can only hope that I still have the sense of pride and honor that all the people in the video exhibited. I think the 2 things that got me the most, and I don't even know why, is the salutes from the fire-fighters (our heroes at home), and secondly, all the on-coming traffic that stopped and got out of their vehicles to pay their respects.

The other thing that dawned on me, early in watching the video, is I got up early this morning to get the car work done, knowing it would be too hot to do any more work after noon. These guys are out there day after day in full battle gear in heat equivalent or higher than what I can't deal with in the garage in a t-shirt. Makes you feel like a real woose, eh?

Very cool video, Dave, thanks for posting it.

I have been to 16 countries, I just returned home from Brazil. I can say there is no better place than the USA. WOW, Dave thanks! God Bless the USA!!! Thanks to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve, you are truely heros in my book...

Back