• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bought a boat...

Every hobby with all the ancillaries is the purpose isn't it? Fixing or accessorizing is all part of the fun no matter what it is. Have fun.

Every hobby can be a money pit.

People also tell me they wish they had a classic car. My first response is it's a never ending money pit.

One of Brothers is into sports memorabilia. He has a lot of money having on his basement walls. It's all about what you like.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Make sure you replace the impeller every year or two depending on how much you use it. #1 reason it was running hot and cracked the block. Cheap easy fix. My dad has a 1991 Larson with the 3.0l mercruiser. Bought it new and it only has a little over 200 hrs on it. Looks brand new. 2 years ago it still had the original impeller in it, my son and his buddies overheated it and cracked the head, picked up a rebuilt head and new impeller and my son tore it apart and put it back together by himself. Ran great all summer. My dad went out one day (its on a lift) and lowered the lower unit into the water and started it and let it run for 10-15 minutes, fried the impeller and overheated it again, luckily no damage. Fixed and parked in my shop now.

Yeah. I rebuilt the raw water pump last year and just changed the impeller again. Figure for 15 bux it’s part of my seasonal tune up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebuilt engine going together on the stand.
f3a438e3e5e3741a80396e0a4282ada6.jpg

b1c7670841e973ff837c6b8d694d6ad1.jpg

Fully assembled minus exhaust risers on the hoist ready to go in.

e4367a67f77c633af29113b9913bc6df.jpg

Engine in... now everything else.
b5c590fa4f179e6ed52d1540683ce28f.jpg

I’ll be happy when everything is hooked up and I can scrub the boat and have a nice clean boat along with this nice clean engine. I’ve got it dirty working in it.

Not being a boat guy I never realized how many use variants of a standard automotive engine. Cool Nice work.

Not being a boat guy I never realized how many use variants of a standard automotive engine. Cool Nice work.

The big ski/wakeboard boat manufacturers have been using standard engines for years. My Malibu has a 383 (yes a Chevy motor) in it. Currently several manufacturers are using the 6.2 Ford Raptor motors.

Fresh bellows and seals. Outdrive will hopefully be going on in a day or 2. Need to grease outdrive shaft u-joints and check gimbal bearing alignment. Tool just came in tonight to do that. Then on it goes.

b335f9e3ea6a4aa863c366216c928653.jpg

Notice the drive has been sanded and ready for a coat of fresh paint.

Back