• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Brake lines

Agree 100%. BTW, there is one piece which is longer than 5'. Will your friend then splice two together? Just another possible leaking point. Yes, you can unroll a coiled line successfully.

With zero experience, I bent the lines for a 67 Custom 500 years ago and there was never any problem that I heard of. However, since I had to buy all the tools, I didn't really save any money. It will pay off if I ever bend lines again, but I don't plan on it. I bought stainless for my Mach from inlinetube.com and they worked fine. I will be upgrading to front disc brakes and selling the old stainless drum brake set to someone else.

The coils straighten easily. I went with stainless for my 65 and it was a bear to bend and flare but the end results are very nice. I recently used the NiCopp brake line on a customers truck, that stuff bends and flares very easily and will never rust. Has a copper look to it so it depends on the direction you are going with the restoration. The NiCopp can be found at any parts store.

"68angrypony" said:
I tried that with fuel line and its wavy. Is their any way to get it perfectly straight?

Take a tuba for and drill a hole through the length of it. Lube it up and run the line through it.

"silverblueBP" said:
Take a tuba for and drill a hole through the length of it. Lube it up and run the line through it.
I had to read this crap like three times before I realized you were just spelling it as it sounds to your enlarged redneck ears.

"Horseplay" said:
I had to read this crap like three times before I realized you were just spelling it as it sounds to your enlarged redneck ears.

LMAO

Had an employee at the shop years ago that used the term...he was a M O R O N.

It's very easy. Here's a pic of me unrolling a line by holding the end down with my foot, unrolling the line putting a downward pressure on the coil against the floor. You simply start walking forward placing your other foot lightly onto the tubing and keep unrolling it to whatever length you need. Again, keeping a downward pressure where the coil meets the floor. Comes out pretty straight.

ga4y7y6u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"cmayna" said:
It's very easy. Here's a pic of me unrolling a line by holding the end down with my foot, unrolling the line putting a downward pressure on the coil against the floor. You simply start walking forward placing your other foot lightly onto the tubing and keep unrolling it to whatever length you need. Again, keeping a downward pressure where the coil meets the floor. Comes out pretty straight.

ga4y7y6u.jpg
Nice slippers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back