• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Brake "Pixie" Dust

hivewax

Is there anything I can use to keep the brake dust from stinking sticking to the aluminum polished wheels and cast aluminum spokes?

Re: Brake Dust

I've tried alum wheel polish, wax and just a clean wheel and it always builds up. Hope someone has a fix!

If you guys don't use the brakes, then you are doing something wrong. To quote a very wise man:

"One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey!
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no!
So I tried my best illegal move
A big black and white come and crushed my groove again!"

Mail in rebate... won't hurt to try.

I can understand not using brakes out in nowhere country. :lol

You don't use brakes cuz you ain't going fast enough.........posers.

Eagle One makes a wheel protectant that's supposed to keep rims free of brake dust. I'd try that before the ArmorAll stuff. But that's partially because I hate ArmorAll.

"66gt350" said:
If you guys don't use the brakes, then you are doing something wrong. To quote a very wise man:

"One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey!
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no!
So I tried my best illegal move
A big black and white come and crushed my groove again!"

Sammy :coo

"Starfury" said:
Eagle One makes a wheel protectant that's supposed to keep rims free of brake dust. I'd try that before the ArmorAll stuff. But that's partially because I hate ArmorAll.

I'm going to pick up some of that and try it before I go to the track (if it ever stops raining) :rp

Someone should buy the armor all stuff and eagle one and put one on each tire and see which works best against brake dust, dirt, etc.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Someone should buy the armor all stuff and eagle one and put one on each tire and see which works best against brake dust, dirt, etc.

Do I hear you volunteering??? :craz

"Kats66Pny" said:

Sounds like a great idea Kat, let us know how it goes!

You guys want to wait a few months for results? :craz
Right now, my mustang is out of commission with busted trans cooler lines and no transmission fluid left since it's all over my garage floor.

"Kats66Pny" said:
You guys want to wait a few months for results? :craz
Right now, my mustang is out of commission with busted trans cooler lines and no transmission fluid left since it's all over my garage floor.

What......they don't sell transmission fluid and lines where you live? Come on girl, we are waiting for the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Oh they sell them.. but I don't have tube cutter, line bender, or other junk needed to do the repair. And so far I haven't found any trans coolers I want at any parts stores so looks like I might have to order one. I'm picky!

Back