• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bumpers

monkeystash

I've heard a lot of bad reviews of repro bumpers recently, even the Nordans. Has anyone had good luck with any, specifically '65-'66 rear bumpers? My original rear is a twisted, ugly mess. NPD sells one as "best reproduction," but the best crap is still crap. Thanks.

I didnt buy mine from NPD....but I did buy my 66 rear bumper new and Its not a nordan that I can tell. The chrome is very thin and there a some speckling already!!! All the thing has done is sit in my garage. The fit was ok could have been better, could have been worse. I had my original front rechromed "down under" and will probably do the same for the rear and sell my repro. Just my .02

I purchased my bumpers from CJ pony parts. The front was a pretty bad fit and the back seems fine. I did notice a quality difference. I dropped a socket and as it was falling I tried to grab it. i missed and it landed on my fender (thank god I was using a fender cover) and it fell to the bumper. I now have a small indentation on my bumper from where the 1/2" socket fell. I am not impressed! I've considered looking for an original in good shape and then rechroming it.

I read that most platers today use nickel on top of nickel rather than the original copper base before the nickel layer. If you have them plated somewhere ask about this or it may be no better than the repop stuff. I was lucky and found an NOS bumper.

Back