• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Buying an AR-15 UPDATED

Re: Buying an AR-15

"Sluggo" said:
That said I also believe that a person should have to prove he is stable enough to own a gun.

I own a de-militarized G-3 also. Does that make me a nut?

I agree with the first sentence and agree with the "nutcase before they got a gun" statement.
However, I'll have to say that Sluggo would probably be considered a nut even if he didn't own a gun or de-militarized anything. I've never met you in person therefore I have to use the word "probably". Just my $0.02. Hey Sluggo, you ever shot any tannerite? Youtube it if not. Legal to purchase in all 50 states...I just need to find out the "ingredients".

I did not mean to insult anyone by my comment. I just think a gun like that is overkill. It would be like a 1000 hp street car I guess. To each their own. I guess if I were to get a gun that was to protect my family or belongings it would be a hand gun. For others who are not in the car hobby they likely look at me like I am a dumb arse. To each their own but I still don't understand the purpose of an AR. I am in support of gun laws so don't get me wrong.

The gun itself is like your car. You can have a real nice paint job with a cool roll bar, or just a car. Steel rims would serve the purpose. The magazine capacity is like the horsepower your engine turns out. With every hobby, someone other than the hobbyist will consider it overkill. I know you didn't mean anything by it and I'm sure others do also. I don't understand collecting comicbooks, star-trek, or why in the heck anyone would eat mayonnaise or peas. And I sure don't understand living in Florida or California. So, now that we've settled that...does anyone know why the Nobama coin has been recalled?

Gun laws are a great thing---for honest people only though, do you really a crazed lunitic is going to get a backround check, or get a license to carry a concealed weapon? come on, the gun laws are a joke in combatting crime in my opinion, a criminal is going to 99% of the time steal a gun, or buy one off of a street corner.

I so want an ar..and ak, but money is too tight now. YAY pay cut.... :expl All I've got at the moment is a few hand cannons and my pump 20 ga. Pops is gonna give me some of his toys once we get into a bigger place where I can have room for a safe...and more land to shoot stuff.

Duane, the coins were recalled after numerous complaints about them. A bunch of morons shelled out $20 for a .50 or $1 piece with a sticker on it. I assume you're talking about the ones from Franklin mint?

Okay, so I went a bit overboard. Sig 556.

53_21_03_09_4_24_29_0.JPG

53_21_03_09_4_24_30_1.JPG

53_21_03_09_4_24_31_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn and that's 5.56 ammo. Good luck on that adventure. My dad had to order his and just wait. But he bought in bulk too...something like 1000 rds.

Ammo is high and scarce. Buying bulk of everything now is on my agenda. As for the gun....I just had to wipe off the screen. CONGRATULATIONS. Very fine.

Back