• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car Audio

So yesterday I had about an hour and rather than get all involved I figured I would set up the car audio. I had installed everything before I put the battery back in the truck and ran the + cable to the solenoid. Anyway, I got nothin. I'm getting 12+ v all the way to the pin that plugs into the receiver. I checked the ground, even usedthe ame one with my fluke and zip/nada/nuthin....... This Kenwood was brand new a few years ago when I bought it. I checked the fuse in the back and it looks fine. So, now I find myself looking for a new receiver. What is everyone using/what do you reccomend?

I am using one of the new alpine units. It is nice and allows for Bluetooth, Ipods, remote subwoofer adjustments ............ The only problem is it took me a few days to figure out how to turn it off. You have to hold a button down for about 2 seconds. I gave up and had to read the directions. :)

I found my issue, the constant voltage wire was loose so the unit wouldnt turn on. Guess I'm keepin the old one. I almost had myself talked into a new one with iPod and bluetooth, but I figure if I ever get the damn car done I'm gonna listen more to the exhaust than the stereo, although it sounded pretty damn good today.

Back