• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car of the Year Poll - update: We have a winner!

Vote for the member you feel deserves the honor of 2010's Car of the Year

• January - KBMWRS

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • February - Jack1966

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • March - Lethal289

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • May - dbfire

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • June - monkeystash

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • July - PJ Moran

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • August - 70StangMan

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • September - DEL65

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • October - Tims65

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • November - cmayna

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • December - LarryG

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters
Re: Car of the Year Poll

As I posted in another post, with no disrespect to John, I feel COTY should only be a COTM winner. I agree with Pete that knowing John well enough, he would say:

JohnproWTF.jpg

"cmayna" said:
As I posted in another post, with no disrespect to John, I feel COTY should only be a COTM winner. I agree with Pete that knowing John well enough, he would say:
JohnproWTF.jpg

+1 here.

I think we're all treating Scary as if it was the epitomy of Mustangs. It wasn't. The honoring of John using Scary is all well and good. Using it as a card in the SF deck sounds great. Using it for a cover of the SF Calender is all good too. But folks John is gone (not forgotten I will stress) and so is the car. Its time to move on and stop referring to Scary as some icon in its own right.

"KBMWRS" said:
+1 here.

I think we're all treating Scary as if it was the epitomy of Mustangs. It wasn't. The honoring of John using Scary is all well and good. Using it as a card in the SF deck sounds great. Using it for a cover of the SF Calender is all good too. But folks John is gone (not forgotten I will stress) and so is the car. Its time to move on and stop referring to Scary as some icon in its own right.

+1 to what Mike said.

"KBMWRS" said:
+1 here.

Very well put Mikey. :thu

p.s. - who wrote it for you? :nut

"70_Fastback" said:
Very well put Mikey. :thu

p.s. - who wrote it for you? :nut

Thanks....do you know how many times I had to use 'white-out' on my computer screen until some-one told me just to use my crayons and a piece of paper? :roll

Poll is unlocked. Commence voting.

The general consensus in my view is that to qualify you must have won COTM as voted on by your peers.

Scary never won COTM, Jason's GT500CR was appointed as April COTM so neither is qualified.

There is a nice prize for the the winner so get busy voting for your favorite!

Well I would say Dec 31st so everyone has plenty of time to think about their choice, but I guess since Sluggo has a prize for the winner I don't know if the cut off date needs to be sooner or not? :shrug

I agree with Pete's Playboy/Playmate of the year metaphor for COTY.

Because I feel that JohnPro represents the spirit of StangFix; namely humor, help, and an easy-going attitude, we've got more suitable ways to pay tribute to his legacy other than COTY.

Tough choices here guys. Some beautiful cars... but my new found love of the 70 had me torn between stangman and Larry's. Stangman got my vote after a coin toss.
Bill

hmm.. I am torn between del's 65 and tim's 65. but i am a little skewed about the 65-6's lol

Car of the Year Poll

"fordrule" said:
hmm.. I am torn between del's 65 and tim's 65. but i am a little skewed about the 65-6's lol

I know what you mean Vern, I am also torn between a blue fastback and a green coupe as I am a little "skewed" about the 67's. :part

fd

Back