• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Center Console Build

Im looking to build a center console for my 69 coupe. I have seen a few tech article on this build but none of them give dimensions. Has anyone attempted to build their own console and or know where i can get some basic dimensions. Im looking to build it with MDF and cover with leather or similar material and inserting a 1/8 in stainless steel piece in the center mount. FWIW i have an automatic.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Stangfixer Lethal289(Jake) made his own and detailed it pretty well on our board...turned out pretty darn good! I have delusions of trying one day, but who knows if I'll ever get around to it.

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,2910.0.html
http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,3203.0.html

The second thread is called "Part 3." That leads me to believe there may have been a Part2, but I can't find it...but you should be able to fill in the rest.
Thanks steve, I think part two became part three during a update maybe. Yea Its confusing, but i think its all there.

We have two 69 mustangs in the shop now that we are making consoles for that will look like the 67-68. We would be happy to help you with your build. We could just make the would patterns for you if that would help. Rich.

So you're just chopping it lower in the front than to fit the 69/70 dash? I definitely like the look. Any opportunity to fit gauges in there for the 69/70 style?

Hawkdriver, keep me posted on your build. I'll definitely be following it.

We will more than likely offer two styles, with or without gauges. Plus different colored bellypans. The brushed aluminum we use is very expense so we will offer something different down there. Rich.

68stang.

I will take pics and keep specifics. Im not looking at starting this until prob dec/jan time frame. so don't hold your breath. The build i feel will be easy my concern is the covering/sewing. Im sure it will be trial and error at that point. But when i get cracking on it i will be posting.

Our consoles are on our website. We will be doing two 69 models that we have in the shop right now in carbon fiber, that will include the door panels and a new 6 gauge cluster made in carbon fiber, we will keep you posted. Rich.

Here are the pictures of the 69/70 console that we have at mustang Pony Cars the console will come with or without gauge holes and with or without a center park brake system. Also the console will come with brushed aluminum or wood grain lower pan. We are working on getting the ok for the mustang running horse and mach1 logo. The cost is $695.00 and the lokar park brake kit will be extra. Thanks www.mustangponycars.com

Back