• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cheap and easy soup mixes

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
For you snow laden residents, who don't want to spend the night cooking, a very easy and cheap soup to put together is Cost Plus World Market's dry soup mixes. Last night the wifey was going to be late so it was my night to cook and since I felt lazy and we already had cooked chicken in the fridge, I simply tossed 7.5 cups of water in a pot. Once it is almost boiling, threw in the contents of the soup mix bag of Cost Plus World Market's Spicy Tortilla soup mix. Let it simmer for 10 minutes then threw in 1# of the cooked chicken pieces. Simmered another 10 minutes. During the final minutes of simmering, I opt'd to quickly pan fry some corn tortillas. Chopped them up and placed on top of each bowl of soup. Very yummy.

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/market-classicsreg-spicy-tortilla-soup-mix.do?&from=Search

Cost plus's other soup mixes such as Potato & Corn, Cheese Tortellini, Wild rice and Mushroom, etc are also good.

Again, great for those who don't want to slave over the stove but instead wrench on the Mustang.

Back