• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cold Summer Meals?

nymustang

Now that the heat of summer is fast approaching, anyone have suggestions for a good meal that won't heat up my kitchen and thus my whole apartment? I would grill outside but I have neither a grill nor an outside.

So here is something I came up with today. No cook stuffed tomatoes. Get 4 large fresh tomatoes, scoop out the insides and place in a bowl with broken up toasted baguette, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and stuff everything back into the tomatoes. I then stuck them in the fridge for an hour to cool. The result was pretty tasty but would be even better with some good garden grown tomatoes and fresh basil. I think it would also be great with some chopped mozz.

And the pic:
278_27_05_10_2_56_25.jpg

Craig, I'm going to try your mozzi ball salad next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Belch !!!

nymustang, Great recipe. Wish I had bigger tomatoes though. Did add fresh basil and some mozzi chunks. Sprinkled a little bit of Good Season's Italian dressing on top for an additional kick. As you can see these small tomatoes couldn't hold too much stuffing so I had a small bowl leftover. Yumm.

4_27_05_10_9_35_48.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get a pic because I am on the road, but how about Puerto Neuvo shrimp cocktail?

Recipe:

1 each of these...

Avocado
Cucumber
small onion
Jalapeno

Some of these
radishes
Green onions
minced garlic

Garlic and onion powder
Salt and Pepper
Chili powder

Clam juice
Tomato Juice

Frozen shrimp

How to prepare.

Chop up all the veggies and put them in a bowl. Mince the Jalapeno after removing all the seeds and membrane. Make sure to mince very fine. Add minced garlic maybe about two tablespoons. Add one bottle of clam juice. Add tomato juice to just cover the veggies. Add the shrimp frozen this will cool the mixture. Stir in the garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper and chili powder to taste.

Serve this with tortilla chips or saltine crackers and enjoy! Super simple and very good. You can omit the radishes if you choose. This is very refreshing and filling. I serve it with cut up pineapple and watermelon. Sometimes with Carne Asada from the grill.

Mel

I'm going to have to try that shrimp salad. That sounds good.

Craig- I'm glad the recipe worked for you. I had left over stuffing too and it worked just fine right out of the bowl!

Back