• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cool New Tool Thread

Nice thing about the adjustable style dies is that you can sort of get away with using them as chasers without losing too much thread.
Does a new tin can to hold your cool tools count? Clearanced out of Harbor Freight, cheaper than I've ever seen a 72".
box-1.jpg

Thays a nice box. I have it in the Lime Green they offer. I think it's probably one of the best boxes for the money, even more so if it's on sale.

The only real con vs the bigger names I think is the drawer release is only one the right side vs a full length sliding tray under the lip to open each drawer.

Here's some pics of that thread restorer kit I mentioned. Used it the other day to clean up some drain plug threads (made a mental note to replace the plug next oil change, too)

This kit comes in a nice case and can be found for $75 ish online. Super handy tool that you may not use very often, but fills a very specific purpose.

PSX_20230812_141952.jpg

PSX_20230812_142006.jpg

I have that same set I got from Cornwell. I swear there is ONE company selling those chasers and they just arrange them differently in slightly different cases. In any case mine had served for some 15 years and I've only broken one. I added a pair of thread pitch gauges to my kit. (Metric and SAE.) I like to be SURE of what the thread is before I start cranking on the fastener.

Back