• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Craigslist Mustang contest Week 3, Day 2

1967 Mustang FASTBACK

First a disclaimer, I found this car on craigslist and it is NOT in the US, however the price listed in the ad is in $

It has the original engine, transmission and most parts. Its the Original Candy Apple RED color
it has the original Buck tag, door tag and VIN # stamps in the right places.
It has been completely restored to AMAZING condition as the pictures show.
There is SOOOO much to say great about this car but I will let the pictures do the talking.....
it is a solid original car that comes with a complete OFFICIAL MARTI Report (see scan picture). NO DINGS, DENTS or Scratches

1141g813c3kd3m93od8c7eed50d9913e81035.jpg

1f81291g23n23k63mc8c749610884d5421538.jpg

1401g81383m23pd3of8c77293056ea16213e4.jpg

1161f51373m53of3l58c73c7b62f50d73191d.jpg

Never been to Guam, but looking at the for sale ads the place doesnt look a whole lot different than anyplace else.

Guam is a tropical island and as such is usually void of trees that would lose their foliage... such as seen on the background of some of these pictures.

"daveSanborn" said:
Guam is a tropical island and as such is usually void of trees that would lose their foliage... such as seen on the background of some of these pictures.

Kinda like Hawaii...... Thats where these were taken

myPicture054.jpg

myPicture048.jpg

I would say typo before scam, if I am trying to scam someone I post the ad in LA, not a tiny island country. Check out the Guam craigslist, all the cars must be scams then cuz there are some smoking good deals on cars over there. They be rust buckets, but hard to tell from the pics.

"Fast68back" said:
Kinda like Hawaii...... Thats where these were taken

myPicture054.jpg

myPicture048.jpg

Right... Hawaii (I lived there for 3 years) is a much "greener" place than what you'd typically see in the states. The background photos of any car from Guam should look similar to those from Hawaii.

Another thought is that Guam is a US territory that has a LARGE military presence. Is it possible that some of these Craigslist sellers are military personnel who are using photos taken from when they were stationed stateside? i.e., I've just arrived in Guam and realize that I need to sell my FB that is stored back at my Dads house in SoCal.... or.... I have my FB here with me in Guam and I'll just use these old pictures from when I lived in Washington state... either is a plausible explanation.

Or.... it's a scam.

Back