• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CVF Racing serp belt conversion

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Many of you know I recently ordered a serp belt pulley and bracket set for my 408W. In short, the folks at CVF got everything right !! My order shipped quickly and packaged very well in foam wrap and individual boxes. The billet pulleys and bracket quality is superb. And each item comes with clear, color installation instructions and top grade hardware. Of course each pulley must be spaced for your application but that would be the case with any brand. I bought a Saginaw power steering pump from another vendor and the pulley and brackets fit up great. Lastly, I phone ordered their A/C compressor (in natural finish) and when it arrived it was polished. When I alerted them via email of the error, they quickly sent me a natural compressor and a return label for the polished compressor. And I sent back one of the belts that I couldn't get to fit for a refund and no questions asked. If youre looking at a serp belt conversion for your Mustang, CVF has the best prices of all the vendors I looked at and you don't have to buy all the accessories from them if you don't want to which keeps the price down.

Last edited:
I will second the praise. Great to deal with and genuinely concerned about getting everything correct. When my system arrived it was short one belt. Called them and they immediately sent me one. May not seem like that big a deal but in my case this was one of their 8 rib "Beast" set ups like Mark got as well. The belts aren't cheap and to have them react as they did and never question my claim meant a lot.

If for no other reason, buy a full set-up from them just to enjoy the packaging. Every part has it's own box and wrappings. It was like Christmas morning tearing it all open!

DO you guys have any pictures of your set-up installed? I have their older v-belt set-up on the coupe, but want a serp set-up on the fastback.

This is there serpentine setup with the 8 rib monster belt.
1c80b71df16da867e980a9087f3569eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When converting to a serpentine belt setup , don't you have to change the waterpump , as the rotation at the waterpump differents from the v-belt setup ???

If you want a true 1 belt serpentine then I think you have to use a reverse rotation water pump???

If you want a true 1 belt serpentine then I think you have to use a reverse rotation water pump???

Note from the link above:
"Water Pump - 5.7" Tall, Clockwise Rotation, 5/8" Pilot and Lower Radiator Hose on Driver Side"
The kit I installed on my 351W was a reverse rotation though. And two belts. CVF appears to have updated my kit to use only one belt.

Back