• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CVF Racing Serpentine kit all inclusive install/review

I used that balancer on my 306. Seems like a decent piece. I liked the cosmetic appearance of it for sure. I only have maybe an hour or a bit more run time with it but seemed to do the job. Keep an eye on it though as there is a LOT of talk on the WEB about it failing prematurely. I couldn't discern if the noise was from a long time ago or not so made a note to keep it in mind.
For my stroker, I decided to go a different path as it required a zero balance piece and used a Ford Motorsport unit. I mention it only because it has the same facial mounting depth as the PP piece and would work with the CVF set-up too should anyone down the road be interested. I did have to clearance the waterpump casting just a very little bit though.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6316-D302

Just curious, what are the other options for a 6.4", 3" long 50 oz damper for use in this scenario? I've seen the one you mentioned above (M-6316-D302) but it's 6.6" and I am concerned about clearance, sounds like it won't work without modifications. I ask because I just picked up this same CVF kit for my FRPP 302. I hate to get something that is suspect, but if the 80007 is the only game in town then what choice do I have? I've also looked at the PP reviews and have not seen anything that looked recent, either good or bad.

I'm picking up a new timing chain cover while I'm at it...M-6059-D351. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Just curious, what are the other options for a 6.4", 3" long 50 oz damper for use in this scenario? I've seen the one you mentioned above (M-6316-D302) but it's 6.6" and I am concerned about clearance, sounds like it won't work without modifications. I ask because I just picked up this same CVF kit for my FRPP 302. I hate to get something that is suspect, but if the 80007 is the only game in town then what choice do I have? I've also looked at the PP reviews and have not seen anything that looked recent, either good or bad.

I'm picking up a new timing chain cover while I'm at it...M-6059-D351. Not sure if that makes any difference.
Don't be too concerned. The difference is only .100" of an inch variance measured radiance. IF...and that is an if...you had to do a bit of clearancing there is enough meat on the cover to accommodate it. I just went through this on my last engine.

Boom, I’m looking at the same kit for a 69 coupe. My only concern rerouting the ac to the other side. Did you have to get a different condenser for passenger side lines or did you run the lines accross? Also, what hoses did you use from pump to firewall or did you build your own?

I haven't finished the connections yet. I remember looking into it and one of the companies has a condenser that will work for our cars with this set-up, either vintage or old air.

I know it's been a while, but Boom if you're still around, what timing pointer did you end up going with? I called CVF and they were no help at all. LOL...you'd think with all the engineering that went into this Wraptor kit they would have taken a few to come up with a recommended timing pointer, geesh.

Last edited:
Back