• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dash wiring questions

The mechanical oil pressure gauge feed line.... is a solid line from the block to the instrument cluster?

When you bought this car from your previous owner... did he have the ability to speak or did he just kind of grunt and nod his head a lot?

Right inside the firewall a little below the radio, the steel line connects to a smaller brass colored metal line which is connects to the back of the oil gauge.

I didn't buy the car directly from the PO. The PO traded the mustang for a baracuda. The guy who had the baracuda ended up with the mustang and I bought it from him and his wife. They only had it a week before I bought it and didn't know much about the mustang other than what the PO told them.

Never saw the cuda, but according to the guy it wasn't the best looking, had rust and didn't run. It was also an even trade mustang for cuda.

I have never seen a car with that large a diameter oil line. Most of the mechanical kits use that cheapo plastic or copper line and its only a 1/8" in diameter or so. That line looks like stainless.

.....me likey them Cuda's you know. :weas

cuda5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back