• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Does anyone sell

That 3/8 union where the two right front brake lines come together? I looked at the NPD and Dallas Mustang catalog. May have to make a trip to the junkyard for one fitting..

Is this the union that connects the flex line to the hard line, which is afixed to the frame rail? If you can't find one, I can get one at the local Mustang wrecking yard.

Craig, there is no union there. The hard line screws straight into the front brake hose. There's a bracket there that holds the brake hose in place, but no line fitting.

What I believe he's talking about is the double-female union fitting on the rear of the p-side inner fender, inside the engine bay. There's a line that runs to that point from the distribution block, and another line that runs from that point to the r/f brake hose. The fitting itself is a simple brass 3/16" tube inverted flare union, nothing fancy:)

"Starfury" said:
What I believe he's talking about is the double-female union fitting on the rear of the p-side inner fender, inside the engine bay. There's a line that runs to that point from the distribution block, and another line that runs from that point to the r/f brake hose. The fitting itself is a simple brass 3/16" tube inverted flare union, nothing fancy:)

Thats the one. I guess I'll run by the wrecking yard. One brass fitting would look outta place with the stainless lines, IMHO.

So in this pic, the block we see attached to the frame rail is actually part of the rubber hose assembly? Not threaded to it? Goes to show you how much I know about 68's. Shag is going to be real fun to put back together.

the block we see attached to the frame rail is actually part of the rubber hose assembly?

Yes, the block is an integral part of the hose, but I don't recognize this hose as being from a '68 car....

I thought.... and of course I could be wrong.... that the '68 hoses had a brass fitting on the end.... that fit into an "L" shaped bracket attached to the outside of the frame rail.... and the brass fitting end was secured to the "L" bracket by a horseshoe type clip. Both the brass fitting end of the hose and one leg of the "L" bracket have a hexagon feature that secures the hose into the bracket.

Craigs picture looks awfully original though... which is leading me to believe I'm mistaken.

Huh. Interesting. I thought he was talking about the union fitting on the inner fender well connecting the two hard lines of the RH brake line.

I thought the same thing as you, Dave. Apparently 65-67 uses the L shaped brackets, while 68-70 incorporates that block into the hose.

"Starfury" said:
Huh. Interesting. I thought he was talking about the union fitting on the inner fender well connecting the two hard lines of the RH brake line.

I thought the same thing as you, Dave. Apparently 65-67 uses the L shaped brackets, while 68-70 incorporates that block into the hose.

My '68 (built 3-1-68) has the L shaped brackets, not what Craig posted.

Back