• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Door lock rod?

kb3

I found a kit from Mustangs Plus that includes three of the four needed lock rods, at least I think there are four. The one not included in the kit is the rod from the key lock to the actual latch/lock mechanism. So far my online searching has not revealed a supplier. Anyone know where to get one?

I may have one laying around. I'll need a picture to determine which rod it is, though...

That rod is included in the 3 pack. It doesn't include the long rod from the inside door handle to the latch. See my picture below, as I just installed the 3 new rods and reused my original long one.

IMG_0171-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the three rods. One is threaded, and the other two have various bends on the top that I can't identify which is which. One has a 90* bend and the other has two 90* bends.

"monkeystash" said:
That rod is included in the 3 pack. It doesn't include the long rod from the inside door handle to the latch. See my picture below, as I just installed the 3 new rods and reused my original long one.

Great....so now I guess I need two of the long rods. As I had nothing to start with, I can't reuse the original ones. I wonder why no one lists these rods????

I have a complete set of rods plus another long rod with the sleeve on it.

"Midlife" said:
I have a complete set of rods plus another long rod with the sleeve on it.

Does the complete set of rods also include the long rod? if so....how much for the set assuming you are willing to sell. Or I could offer a trade...I have a stock 65 wiring harness core I can ship you. No promises on its quality tho.

Yes, that includes the long rods. That's an equitable trade. PM me for details.

Back