• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Doors. Pics. 'Nuff said.

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
So maybe everyone will pipe down now...?

280807.jpg

280808.jpg

With the GRACIOUS help of MAch1ne (Skip) & S281SC (Bob)[from the VMF] - and Bob future son-in-law, we were able to get the doors back on.

I won't go into bloody details. But one thing I can say is that the weather seals don't let the doors close worth a crud... how long for those mugs to soften up?

Last edited by a moderator:
:pep OMG, What a BEAUTIFUL MUSTANG! :pep :popmore more !

Don't you miss this era of cars!!? and the era ~ period! Things just seemed so much simpler then, or so it seemed! I can't tell one car from the next these days! :expl
dne'

Do I have to follow you around.....

Nice photoshop work getting those doors on there..... :rofl :hide

I agree, must've been a PITA to get the door gaps right in Photoshop:p

In all seriousness, that car looks awesome. I want. And the door gaps really do look good:)

Notice that he took his hood, cut it up, reshaped each half, and produced two doors. :boo Nice job!

Now be honest: was this easier to do with the fenders on or with them off?

It took extra tape and a bit more time with the fender on. Might have added a "1" to the difficulty level. But trial and error was minimal to each door as well. Like I Said, they had been on there before with the fenders, etc on the car. This was just an excercise is rebolting them back on.

But the F'ing weather strips are a different story now... They are pushing the doors out a bit at the bottom. You can kind of see it in the top picture above.

Lacking 2 extra hands. BUT... Skip is coming back over tonight to help get that bolted on!

I installed new hood hinges and new hood springs as well. So I'm sure I'll have some aligning to do.

If I waited for 2 extra hands to show up everytime they were needed, I'd never get anything done.

Place a couple folded up bath towels along the cowl/fender edge, lay the hood onto them, temporarily prop the hood up with a stick of wood, install hinge bolts/springs, align and done.

Back