• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dumbass of the month August.

RapidRabbit

Donator
Had a rough day yesterday.

A picture tells a thousand words. I've had that mower for all of 3 months!
c82a264282ef6a806f09805a7701f5c9.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I'm fine.

Thankfully my neighbor and his wife were out side. They jumped in their mule and came to pull it out, but the that that got stuck and he had to go get his SUV to pull it out too.

I drained all the oil and pulled the spark plug to get all the water out. Have to run to get some fresh oil, new air filter today and we'll see if the mower is ok.
ac31a223c6b6ee8411411245f7fc5acc.jpg

Shit happens ! Very brave of you to post that pic !!

Engine should be fine if cleaned immediately.

:p:p:p:p

That must have been a thrilling ride down into the gully! oh to have seen your face!! ;) But you didn't say How you came about getting there?? But thank goodness you didn't hurt yourself!!;)

I think we are going to need the back story to fully determine the level of dumbassness.
Well it all started 45 years ago when I was born and the Dr said dear god what is that thing?

wait is that too far back?

So about 3 months ago I bought a new Rider. My old one was about 10 years old and it was time to let it go. The new mower is 46" deck and the old was a 38" deck. So a bit of a size difference.

My lawn slopes down towards the water and the rocks from the shoreline don't come up to a flat surface.

I have the Willow tree you can see in the picture and there is grass between it and the shoreline I usually go between them. We've been here about 5 and1/2 years and it's never been a big problem I just go slow and hug the tree.

Well yesterday I was doing the usual and lost traction coming around the tree. I tried to back out and I could not get up the slope. So I stopped the mower and hopped off to pull it backwards and it slid forward very slowly. I was holding it back but couldn't get it to stop. My neighbor was outside so he came running and we both tried to pull it back.

No luck, so it slid in slow motion lower and lower down the shoreline. We held it until his wife brought the mule over. Hooked on a strap , which broke of course and it slid the rest of the way down into the water.

Then the mule got stuck spinning it's tires and we had to get his SUV to pull that out.

All in all it was about a 2 hour battle to get it out.

Last edited:
Laughing! You tell a good story!;) I could just see it all happening in my mind or, like on a youtube video! You have cool neighbors!
dne' ;)

Back