• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

E- car reverse lights

Any good articles on the reverse lights on the e-cars? I had heard that PIAA no longer made the lights they used for the original cars and was wondering what folks are doing now. Not on any near future "to do" list, but someday I'd like to add them

Eleanor_GT500_6548_20070808_l.jpg

In the UK the reversing lights are used as turn indicators. Don't know if this is relevant but I posted this up on MOCGB a couple of years ago.

I have just made myself a pair of reversicators that work perfectly. I bought a pair of back up lights and then drilled around the the bulb holder with a drill bit that also saws as well as drills. I then 'drilled' out the whole of the back of the unit so that you are left with a large hole in which you can fit 2 bulbs.
I have a pair of 2 terminal bulb holders that I picked up at a car jumble sale and used one of these for the reverse light whilst the original holder was kept as the indicator.
To stop water getting in through the rear of the unit I cut a length of vacuum cleaner pipe and taped it to the rear of the unit using non-sticky harness tape secured with gaffer tape.
The bulbs do sit very close to each other so I made sure that there was enough slack in the length of the leads so that I can pull the bulb holders out of the unit to change the bulbs.
Photo-0092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a couple "how to" articles on the E board that instruct how to modify the Ecar front TS lights (which BTW are bright as all get out) for use in OEM reverse light housings. Basically, the aftermarket light "guts" are adhered into OEM housings.

Here are some lights that would work. Jay at MD sells them. Notice in his Ecar lighting kit that he states an extra set of these lights are required when using them as reverse lights also.

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/images/Electrical/pl2020c.jpg

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Electrical/fog-lights.htm

"Fast68back" said:
Any good articles on the reverse led lighting on the e-cars? I had heard that PIAA no longer made the lights they used for the original cars and was wondering what folks are doing now. Not on any near future "to do" list, but someday I'd like to add them

Eleanor_GT500_6548_20070808_l.jpg

hello friend sorry for old thread reply but I am searching for latest reverse lights..Do you have any information about latest affordable models..Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)

This is what I did on mine.

I had the sequential tail light kit from Mustang Project but i do not like the sequential flashing so they have a module that allows you to switch to standard flashing. So then i had the problem of indicators and i needed amber for this country. I didn't like the idea of trying to squeeze two bulbs into the OEM housing. I found this kit http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=37b60a5a-6d55-460e-8155-d29d4d323539.

Here is a pic of my reverse lights and the second pics is my amber indicators.
IMG_5795_zps94497a07.jpg

IMG_5995_zps75a285ee.jpg

I really like the setup.

Back