• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

E46 BMW seats in a 68 Mustang

I found a set of black leather seats from a '99 Mustang. Very comfortable and a good fit. I'll try to find my pics.

Those look good. Do the seats rub against the door panels? The side bolsters on my Scat Elites hit the arm rest and you can’t get the three point belt passed them with the door closed.

Mounting/routing the "three-point" belt that way is dangerous. There needs to be an upper mounting point securely attached to the car body up high. All this set-up is really doing is providing a potentially compromised lap belt and a cosmetic shoulder restraint. You really should just use a standard lap belt or install the correct upper mount. The way it is now in the event of a crash the occupant will fly forward, the force breaking that upper plastic guide off creating the possibility for the broken piece to slice across the neck or face.

Last edited:
Also, not having a higher than shoulder height upper mounting point can result in SERIOUS spinal and other damage as the occupant is thrust forward and the belt tension pulls back and down against that force. NOT GOOD

I'll give a big second to Terry's comments and observations. The upper hoop you have the belt running thru on the original installation was only used as a guide for the belt. It originally had a higher anchored point at the B pillar.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I have a mount point at shoulder level in the door pillar. The back side can be seen in the pics.

Looked again at the clearance between seat and door. About 2 inches at the seat and about 1 inch between seat back and the armrest.

I still have a pair of fox body buckets from an 89 Lx, FREE to a good home if anyone is interested. Need new covers and probably new foam too.

I have a mount point at shoulder level in the door pillar. The back side can be seen in the pics.

Looked again at the clearance between seat and door. About 2 inches at the seat and about 1 inch between seat back and the armrest.
Sorry I'm not seeing that. Your belts appear to be coming out of the inertia belt reel up to the headrest mounted guide then down to the floor anchor point beside the seat.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Sorry I'm not seeing that. Your belts appear to be coming out of the inertia belt reel up to the headrest mounted guide then down to the floor anchor point beside the seat.

If you look just above the reel you will see the belt threaded thru the mount that is resting on the reel. It connects to a stud at the top of the door pillar. You can see the base that holds the stud at the top of the door pillar. I had disconnected it while installing the new seats.

Finally, I am in the progress of installing my Recaro seats.

Attachments

• 20200302_142858.jpg
    20200302_142858.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200302_142922.jpg
    20200302_142922.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200302_143003.jpg
    20200302_143003.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200302_143349.jpg
    20200302_143349.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I like those SN95 seats Turq, I have considered putting my 93 GT seats in my 67. I also have a Fusion company car and I really like the seats. The Beamer seats look comfy

Back