• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eastwood Versa Cut 40

I have that cutter and think you will be just fine. If you want I can plug it in this evening and try some 16g I have lying around. I use that machine to cut it with 220 and it slices through it like butter. When I get into thicker stuff like 1/4" it starts to struggle.

"68EFIvert" said:
I have that cutter and think you will be just fine. If you want I can plug it in this evening and try some 16g I have lying around. I use that machine to cut it with 220 and it slices through it like butter. When I get into thicker stuff like 1/4" it starts to struggle.

That would be much appreciated.

Sorry about the delay. I had to adjust the valves on the mustang and forgot until right now. It cut the 16g just as easily with the 110v as it does with 220v.
vu3ube5a.jpg

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you guys that have this cutter, does the overload light stay on while its running? My light is on, and i cant get the thing to throw an arc. I dont know what gives. It was working fine then it quit. Im just not sure if that light was always on.

well the overload light means a fried mother board. The Bitch is i only have less than an hour of actual cutting time on this machine. :rant Eastwood stepped up though, 2 years to the day that i ordered and they are sending out a replacement.

Im curious what you guys are using for filters on you machine. Seems like moisture is the biggest killer on these machines. i only had a simple water trap similar to the pic below, but now im thinking i should step it up. Id love to hear what others use with their plasma cutters, not just the eastwood one.

EAST-Plasma_02.jpg

Back