• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 system

blu67

Since I’m starting from scratch with an engine, I was curious if anyone has experience with the Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI system. Comes with an intake, throttle body and distributor and everything ready to go. I’d just have to get heads and my rotating assembly squared away. It won’t have the stock look that a Sniper or Fitech has because it has fuel rails but that doesn’t matter to me as much. I just want to know if it’s a good product, good deal or if there’s anything you all have heard about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
For what its worth I would use that system over a simple carb body style EFI if I were to do it again. Mainly because those types of systems are much more application tunable than the early plug-n-play FiTech I used.

blu67

There was a guy on Youtube that did a comparison on his Bronco between the FiTech and the Pro-Flo 4. He definitely likes the Edelbrock system better but it does have it's flaws over the FiTech in some areas. (Wiring, price) But either way, the Edelbrock system comes with an intake and distributor already which I would need to add anyway. I would assume they would be matched perfectly for their application too. I just need to be sure to get appropriate heads and rotating assembly to give me the best performance.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
I just watched a couple videos on the Edelbrock system and think I agree with you. The price surprised me. Last time I looked at something similar it was about $3k! Summit sells the Pro-Flo 4 complete set-up for about $1800. I paid a grand just for my FiTech TB unit.

I also like the look of the new software they use. Seems to be pretty simple but also like they have the programming needs covered too in a very simple format. Problem with the early FiTech stuff is simply finding a way to identify and then get to the parameters you need to change. And often times, you simply can't. Their newer stuff is better, I'm sure.

One thing I don't like about the rail systems is how they clutter up the look of the engine. I hate hoses and wires and there is not much you can do about that with port injection.