• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eleanor Coupe

tarafied1

When I started on my car, I had envisioned making a 68 Shelby "Green Hornet" type coupe since the 68 Shelby GT500KR was my favorite car ever. I always wanted a red GT500KR vert. But even back in the day I could never afford one and it would be too valuable to drive anyway. So I started my coupe project. When I saw the remake of Gone, I fell in love with the car they called Eleanor! At first they didn't offer the kits so I planned to make my own. First step was a little inspiration. I took one of the movie car pics I found on the web and put my roof on it. This picture was on my fridge, in my garage and at my desk at work!
72_06_03_09_7_24_07.jpg

I found this coupe on ebay not long after the kits became available and it really kick started me.
72_06_03_09_7_38_39.jpg

My car is one of those that most purists really hate, it's red it's been E'ed, it's a coupe, a restomod, etc, etc.. But I really like it and it does draw lots of attention. I'm surprised at how many people ask me if its a real Shelby! I guess there arn't many running around any more so most people don't know much about them.
I think it turned out pretty good...
72_06_03_09_7_58_38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The other one is a brighter red, but I think you nailed the stance and the fog lights look better in the grille like you did compared to the other one, the other one looks like a rallye car with them in the valance like that.

thanks guys! coming from you all I am honored. You all have super nice cars. I liked the Shelby Grille better myself too. I have an appointment to get my exhaust done next Saturday. I'm going with the stainless Magnaflows and the dual tips like the movie car, can't wait. That's about the last big thing to do.

The new Mustang Times has a "Green Hornet" Tribute car on the cover. That was what I originally intended to build with my coupe. I'm glad to see more interest in the lowly coupes!

"tarafied1" said:
My car is one of those that most purists really hate, it's red it's been E'ed, it's a coupe, a restomod, etc, etc..

Purist drive boring cars with no character or soul. If I had a coupe it would look just like your car, but faster. :danc

Was this a convertible you photchopped a roof on? Nice looking car bt everytime I look at it I wonder :wtf is up with the roof?

72_06_03_09_7_24_07.jpg

"Fast68back" said:
Was this a convertible you photchopped a roof on? Nice looking car bt everytime I look at it I wonder :wtf is up with the roof?

72_06_03_09_7_24_07.jpg
No it was actually a fastback. I took a picture of my coupe and photochopped it onto this car and then made the windows dark. I did this picture before the kits were available so there were no replica Ecars at that time (therefore no E-vert).
here is the original photo...
72_13_03_09_8_12_52.jpg

"shbrandt" said:
Purist drive boring cars with no character or soul. If I had a coupe it would look just like your car, but faster. :danc
you feel the need for speed :run?

"tarafied1" said:
you feel the need for speed :run?

Actually No. I can't afford any more speeding tickets. The last one I got cost me $300.
91 mph (he got me slowing down) in a 70 mph zone.

"shbrandt" said:
Actually No. I can't afford any more speeding tickets. The last one I got cost me $300.
91 mph (he got me slowing down) in a 70 mph zone.

:rulez HEY, no posts about street racing or displays of speed........Ooops, wrong forum. :rulez

I wasn't street racing, there were no cars on a stretch four lane divided West Texas highway. Daylight, perfect weather conditions, in my wife's well maintained BMW 325. Had tall grass and weeds growing in the median so I figured no radar signal could get me from the opposing lanes. Wrong, Sterling County Deputy Sheriff's radar signal got through the weeds and nailed me on the way to Roswell New Mexico. He asked me if I drove 91 mph back home in Travis County. I told him Hell No, there's no place where the traffic would allow me to drive 91 mph in Travis County.

Do those things really work or do they just tell you when you've been nailed?

Back