• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine compartment/filler

napaguy

Is it ok to use filler in the engine compartment? This would be judt to smooth things out not fill holes. TIA

Smooth things out.... where? I had a few hammer marks on my original firewall that I worked out and then used a very thin layer of filler to smooth over.

I used filler where the trans tunnel connects to the firewall. The original metal has creases there. It has worked out fine for me.

I welded in both front aprons and a radiator support. I would just like to smooth that area that I welded. Thanks for the replies

Yes the seams and also the dimples/imperfections where I plug welded. I may try paintable seam sealer instead. Thanks

I used Ice over pitted areas due to rust, after neutralizing the rust. I also used it to smooth over small imperfections, including the wrinkles on the radiator support, top of the fender aprons, etc. After 2 years of driving and another 2 years prior to that sitting, it turned out just fine.

I used Metal2Metal with a glaze over the to smooth a lot of things in Trouble's engine compartment, including the shock tower supports. Worked great and looks great. Just keep the layers thin and be patient in your sanding.

Ditto on the metal2metal for some imperfections I had, etc. But I used seam sealer on ALL of the seams in my bay.

Back