• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine rebuild questions

I’m finally to the point of putting everything together and I have a few more questions. It took forever but my factory crankshaft has been refurbished. They ended up taking .010” off the mains and rod journals. Purchased the .010” undersized bearings and had everything balanced. I started checking clearances with the rod journals and I am getting .0015” of clearance. Everything I have read has stated that this tighter than what is recommended. Can I run with the rod clearance this tight? If not, what are my options to create more clearance? I haven’t checked my mains yet but what would be my options if I run into the same issue?

Second topic. Does anyone have any recommendations for blueprinting an oil pump?

First I would check the dimensions of the crank journals. If good I would try another brand of bearings.
What brand are you using ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

First I would check the dimensions of the crank journals. If good I would try another brand of bearings.
What brand are you using ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk
I’ll double check the journals and my measurements. I’m using Clevite rod bearings. Part number:

CB-831P-10​

.0015" on the rod bearings is on the tighter side but not something that is an issue. Provided, of course, you are getting accurate measurements. How are you getting this value? If Plastigage was used, I'd be sure to double check it with an actual measurement tool(s) by assembling a rod with bearing torques to spec and checking the bearing I.D. vs the rod journal O.D.

Back