• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ever been kicked out of a grocery store?

Well I heard this story from another store that a lady sent her son to buy groceries using her EBT card. Her son used the EBT cash instead of EBT food. She came back made a scene at the store to fix the problem. We can't fix anything she would need to go the EBT office and show them the mistake and they will fix it. She gets mad and starts throwing some product around. There was an off duty officer watching and he comes up and arrests her for distrubing the public and making threats at the employees.

I worked in grocery stores on and off for roughly six years in high school / college.

There were a number of times we had to tackle a shop lifter, deal with a drunk thug looking for a fight, busted cashiers in various scams, dealt with underage kids trying to buy beer, things of that nature.

One thing about retail work...it will remove any hope or faith you might have left in your fellow man.

I worked in grocery stores on and off for roughly six years in high school / college.

I was grocery bagger as well in High School (1964). Each of the sack boys had their favorite MILF picked out. I remember mine was Mrs. Brown--very hot and she drove a 62 red Impala SS . . . sigh.

Bagged groceries also, but about 1978- probably one of the last stores to do bagging & carry out as a standard service. On a good shift, I could make upwards of $8/hr with tips and the $3 or so minimum wage. Cashiers were paid about $.50 more than minimum IIRC, and they used to get pissed that we made so much more. But, we had to go in & out of the store, carrying heavy bags. The key was to learn how each regular wanted the bags packed and talk to them.

The eye candy was the side benefit. There was a great looking 40 something lady who was childless and divorced that came in twice a week and always asked for me to bag. Gave great tips ($2-3) for two bags. I was too stupid to follow up, though.

Always amazing to me the folks that got caught shoplifting - usually was the folks that could afford whatever they wanted.

I was a part-time checker at a place called Fed-Mart, much like Wal-Mart is today. Anyway, back in the olden days (1972), a good checker was able to check $100/hour, and a bag of groceries was typically $5/bag.

Back