• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

EZ wiring

onunez65falcon

I just got a new EZ wiring, for my 65 mustang, I got all connected right but the light switch is killing me just can't get it to work right, if somebody as done this wiring swap?
I am going to post picture of my light switch to see if somebody can give me a hand.

i think thats his original wiring. the EZ harness is GM color coded & he needs help as to what new wire connects to where on the switch. those EZ harnesses are a nightmare. GM based & instructions for ford connections are almost nonexistent..

I found when I did mine that downloading Painless' instruction manual to be quite helpful along with an original schematic.

You say the it's not working, what functions are not working? Did you insure all your grounds are good?

Ahhh...I mis-understood the question. Based upon the picture, here are the functions of the various wires:

Top right: yellow is horn input; green/red is power to brake switch
Middle right: green/yellow are fused courtesy power
Bottom right: black/blue are door jamb powered courtesy lights

Middle top: black/green Front park lights
Middle bottom: red/yellow: power to dimmer switch

Top left: Black/red or black/orange: main battery power to headlight switch
Middle left: black: running lights (front/rear)
Bottom left: blue/red: power to fuse box for dash lamps

"Midlife" said:
Ahhh...I mis-understood the question. Based upon the picture, here are the functions of the various wires:

Top right
Bottom right:
Middle top:
Middle bottom:

Top left:
Middle left: black:
Bottom left:

Reminds me of this orgy I went to during the early 70's. Just saying.

I think what really took place was Craig thought he was going to see Porgy & Bess. He misread the ad...it said "janitor needed to clean up an orgy mess"! :hide

Back