• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Falcon versus a tree

Shaun

Pemberton, Australia May 2012. "Targa South West" event. Car #32 hit gravel sending it into the gutter before spearing it back across the road facing the wrong way and hitting a tree. Thankfully both driver and co-driver walked away with only a few bumps and bruises. Gus from 64 Enterprises wrote to us and said, "The wheel/spindle was ripped off, but if you look at the photos the Street or Track gear has survived its biggest test with amazing integrity. A quick view at the scene and I was surprised to see that the upper control arm appeared undamaged and had actually pulled the tower out. The lower arms, brackets and strut rod remain in great shape. We fitted a billet Monte Carlo bar the week before and that kept the towers apart and allowed the bonnet to be opened without damage. Its tough, well-engineered components mate, a real credit to you".

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

So that's a Falcon smashing into a tree and Dodgestang wrestling with a semi without any major damage done to our parts (not so for the sheet metal). What other extreme circumstances will our customers come up with to test our products?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you outdid yourself in paying someone to do "stress testing"!!

Mark:
You should seriously consider Shawn building your next engine if his work is as destruction-proof as demonstrated!

I know I can attest to the massive stopping power SorT brakes have.....they have been holding my 65 mustang in place even without a master cylinder hooked up for weeks on a flat level service and the car hasn't budged.

"dodgestang" said:
I know I can attest to the massive stopping power SorT brakes have.....they have been holding my 65 mustang in place even without a master cylinder hooked up for weeks on a flat level service and the car hasn't budged.

Empty gas tank, eh?

"Midlife" said:
Mark:
You should seriously consider Shawn building your next engine if his work is as destruction-proof as demonstrated!

Shawn is good, but i think he would need to master the "walking on water" thing before tackling that job..... :roll

"dodgestang" said:

Woah! Steady there. I never said you should attempt to use the brakes on a LEVEL surface! Are you mad?!

Seriously though, need help hooking up the M/C or is it just a 'finding time' problem?

its all a finding time problem.

"Hey Nick what do you want to do for your birthday"
"I want to stay home and work on my cars"
"I've got a better idea, lets drive to the Jersey shore for Memorial day weekend and stay in a small house near the beach my parents, and my sister, and her husband, their kids, and our kids"

Back