• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Falken's 1969 Terminator project!

we have been having fun working on it together
That's the most important. I think you could make the long pieces work, but you'll be making some patch panels on the trans tunnel. Amazing how solid the 'bones' of the car is, considering how bad the floor pans are. Worst area of that car by far.

Bill

That's the most important. I think you could make the long pieces work, but you'll be making some patch panels on the trans tunnel. Amazing how solid the 'bones' of the car is, considering how bad the floor pans are. Worst area of that car by far.

Bill
yeah and it's weird how the front floor pans aren't really that bad but the rear are gone!

qtqYZ9z.jpg

For a while!

This is making me really want a 69-70. And I know where one is that just needs reassembled. Don't know if he'll let it go or not.
RTR_X-03.jpg

This is what really made want a 1969 in the first place, but then I really got attached. Gorgeous car.

Tarafied1 knows *all* about it, I am sure he got annoyed with all the talk I had about this car.

Last edited:
Dad left today for some other place! So I tackled something small, and got as far as time permitted. Ultimately, it came down to these two things:

http://i.imgur.com/0JrcRdn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q7Smz23.jpg

How do I get these out? I've tried everything.

I got my ignition switched to the good dash, but I probably did it wrong! We will see when Tarafied comes home. I hope I did it right, it was a pain in the butt. The key to the car is now on my keychain with the '99s key. Today was productive for not having anyone giving me objectives! Continuing dash work tomorrow after school.

Hope you dont mind i edited your post to make them images instead of links...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, I would have them be images in the first place but my tapatalk app refuses to accept any uploads through it so I host them somewhere else and copy it over. Is the format "
"?

Yeah. It is. Haha

The headlight switch should have a spring loaded "button" on the back side. Located on the bulky part of the switch.
71-73-ford-mustang-headlight-switch-removal-ford-4.jpg

You need to press it when then headlight switch is pushed in. While pressing the the button, you should be able to pull the knob all the way out (removed). Then the remaining part of the switch on the face or dash side will have a a part in the center that you can unscrew with a big flat blade screwdriver. There should be slots visible.
images

I am not sure about the wiper switch.
Sometimes with questions as this, it works better to post in the forums under the specific area like "interior" with the question in the title. Not everybody reads the build threads.

Last edited:
looks like the knob pulls off and you need a tool to remove the wiper switch, but I'm sure we can billy-rig something
mump_0703_05_z%2bclassic_mustang_interval_wipers%2bspecial_tool.jpg

Good idea son, if they find out Craig owns eleventythree mustangs, he will get kidnapped for sure:D:D:D

Lucas and his friend Sam (Screamingyellow04) had most of the dash assembled and in the car. I donated some more parts from a 68 to assemble a steering column and a low rider steering wheel!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417745085.064846.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417745101.418624.jpg

And Larry emailed me a bunch of pictures from his 70 that will clear up a lot of assembly and where all the parts go. Thanks Larry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back