• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fender questions

Fst Blk

1.) The scalloped part of the fender that is attached to the bucket, does it go in front or behind the radiator support to bolt in?

2.) The rear bolt that you have to reach by opening the door, does the bracket on the fender go in front of or behind the cowl bracket?

3.) Has anybody ever have to trim the front of the fender where it butts up to the radiator support to get proper fitment?

The reason for these questions is that after all the work on the sub-structure of my fastback, I'm questioning my fitment. The fender is sitting perfect at the rocker, but wide at windshield/door area. It doesn't want to go far enough back in that area. Am I missing something stupid here?

1277866697.jpg

1277866696.jpg

1277866694.jpg

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
"67 Fastback" said:
1.) The scalloped part of the fender that is attached to the bucket, does it go in front or behind the radiator support to bolt in?[nb]In front[/nb]

2.) The rear bolt that you have to reach by opening the door, does the bracket on the fender go in front of or behind the cowl bracket?[nb]Behind[/nb]

3.) Has anybody ever have to trim the front of the fender where it butts up to the radiator support to get proper fitment?[nb]No[/nb]

The reason for these questions is that after all the work on the sub-structure of my fastback, I'm questioning my fitment. The fender is sitting perfect at the rocker, but wide at windshield/door area. It doesn't want to go far enough back in that area. Am I missing something stupid here?[nb]The bracket that is weld to the cowl on the upper rear bolt can be bent to give you more movement[/nb]

1277866697.jpg

1277866696.jpg

1277866694.jpg

Bill

The leading edge of that door looks pretty rough. Got any pics of how the door fits at the back near the quarter and at the bottom along the rocker? Looks like the door is too high in the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adjust the door first, then the fender. Don't try and make the fender fit the door without adjusting the door first.

I'll have to get some pics of the door to the qtr. It actually looks nice and has a uniform gap all the way down.
Bill

Back