• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Figured I'd Introduce Myself

crazyhorse

My name is John, and I'm a Fordaholic.

I bought my 1970 Sportsroof as a bare shell in January of 1997 when I was 16 years old. The same day I bought a very rough 1970 coupe from a police impound lot for parts that mpletely straight panel on it except the hood and decklid. The one quarter had almost 6" of bondo in it (with a few rags added in to the back as filler for less bondo usage). Within a month I had the coupe stripped, and the sportsroof reassembled, and on the road, except for some sportsroof specific missing parts (the rear interior, a pillar trim, sideglass and a decklid. Over the next month driving the car I aqquired sideglass and a decklid for it, and it actually looked like a rough but driveable car. Eventually though the projects that needed to be taken care of list (the loose, wandering front suspension and steering, the flinstone floors, etc. The car wound up completely back apart as projects snowballed. I continued to work on it as money from an afterschool job permitted in high school and college summers. When My wife and I got married, and a place of our own, there was no money to work on it, and no garage at our house for it, so it is still at my folks place. I am now starting to collect parts again, and hope to get back to work on it soon.

In the mean time, when I tore the car back apart to do things right I bought a 1970 bronco as a DD. I got hooked on rockcrawling, and it evolved over the years. It went to 35's, and an SEFI 5.0 from a mustang, then went to 38.5's, and 1 ton axles. It then was retired from DD duty to ocasional driver, and was narrowed 6", with an additional 7" in the grill to taper the front clip. It is now also 9" longer, with a 15" longer wheelbase, and a 375HP 5.8 SEFI motor, and dual transfer cases for added gear reduction.

I hope to find the Mustang home here and at 1969stang.com that the vintage mustang forum used to be. Thanks for having me.

Welcome and YES, more pics!! I kick myself all the time for selling my 71 hardtop :rp

Nice. You got me re-thinking in owning a Ford Bronco. I saw a '66 at a meet... simple and sweet like the Mustang!

Welcome to the Dark Side. It is about time that you introduced yourself, we have seen you lurking around and thought about calling the police. :craz Here are the cookies
170_28_10_09_8_05_53.JPG

and one of the mods will be by tomorrow with the beer. fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Back