• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fitech tuning... acceleration issue

100% new tank and lines. mine is plumbed using all rubber EFI hose from Fitech for supply and return lines.

I figure it had to come from the hose cause that's what it looked like. I will have to keep an eye on it, at least now I know the symptoms and know what to check FIRST. After I run for couple weeks, will pull it apart again and recheck it.

because my engine sat for so many years while building the car, I have been using a lot of additives in the fuel each time I fill up just to clean things up. Mostly seafoam, but occasionally something else when I was out of seafoam. I don't know if that had any detrimental affect on the rubber fuel lines, don't see how it could, but who knows. my feeling is it was just left over from the mfg process.

Ugh! Stop putting stuff in your fuel. No need. That could very well be why your problems all started. Something you put in could have caused the interior surface of your fuel hose to be damaged (black stuff). Today's fuels have more than enough detergents, etc in them to clean and keep things relatively clean. Seafoam is a really old product first used to clean up two-stroke outboard motors. Two-strokes are prone to excessive carbon build-up due to the heavy level of oil in the fuel. Car engines are a different animal as is the fuel they burn. Hell, you can squirt some water into a cylinder and the steam from it will loosen up the carbon and clean the piston. All those additives are almost pure snake oil crap.

Buy good gas from a high volume station and you're engine will be fine.

haha, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. all the gas around here is crap. I have a good amount of cylinders around my place. Since ethanol, I have had so many fuel related issues in motorcycles, atv, snow blower, generator, and other small engines I won't risk running without some help. My go-to is typically Startron, but it's hard to find locally nowadays. I have had good luck with Seafoam, has never caused me any fuel related issues in the past so I doubt that was the culprit. Unfortunately I am old and fairly set in my ways and hard for me to change sometimes...lol. just last week my chainsaw was giving me fits (yes 2 stroke), ran some seafoam thru it and purring like a kitten now.

I guess I'll know the answer when I re-check the filter in a month or so. my thought is that it was just initial crap that got flushed thru the lines

p.s. - I have also had issues with injectors in my diesel trucks so now after replacing I run Hot SHot Secret in those and knock on wood no further issues, so I gonna keep doing it.

Back