• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Follow up post for DaveS with pics further away

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Just following up for DaveS per my other "Tires On" post:

http://www.stangfix.com/forum/http://localhost/stangfixp/viewtopic.php?p=8121#p8121

DaveSanborn said:
Get it outside and give us a 30' side shot of the whole car.

Without further ado...
271770.jpg

271771.jpg

271772.jpg

Any further opinons? I am more happy with it now that I get to see it outside. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! The ride height looks a tad high, but I don't think it warrants any adjustment. Once you get the rest of the car assembled, the added weight should lower it a hair. I'd build it as is, drive the piss out of it and next Winter if it's still sitting too high for your taste, play around with lowering it a tad.

Is that the same color that Ford is using on their new Mustangs? Grabber Orange that looks more yellow than orange? VERY eye catching color!

"daveSanborn" said:
Sweet! The ride height looks a tad high, but I don't think it warrants any adjustment. Once you get the rest of the car assembled, the added weight should lower it a hair. I'd build it as is, drive the piss out of it and next Winter if it's still sitting too high for your taste, play around with lowering it a tad.

Is that the same color that Ford is using on their new Mustangs? Grabber Orange that looks more yellow than orange? VERY eye catching color!

I think the suspension will settle for sure once the car is driven as well. I'm happy with it for now.

And it is grabber orange. The paint (PPG) was bought and mixed based on the original '70 Grabber orange. But when we opened the second can of paint and started spraying the second base coat, the PPG paint was contaminated or something. It had, what appeared to be, charcoal specs in it. It would run little black streaks in the paint. I'm just thankfull the painter was good and did a test spray on some paper. So we had to stop and mix some NEW paint using their house paint Spies Hecker (which is great paint though!) But I think in the mixing it came out more burned yellow than orange. I'm going to call it my "orallow" car :hmm

I like the easy entry/exit feature. Probably saves a lot of time, but wear your swim suit to the car wash. :icon_jokercolor:

The wheel height doesn't look bad at all from those pictures, I sure hope you wear your seat belts in that thar car, a fellow coiuld slide plum out of it if you armour alled the seats! It is looking great!

Have you seen the pictures of his new seats? They'll be NO sliding from side to side in those babies! Think "child safety seat"..... the side bolsters are LARGE.

Boooiiiinnnnggg!

Nice! Can't wait to see it finished. You're not helping with my decision not to paint mine grabber orange.

Back