• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Funkaholik's 67 S-code Coupe

funkaholik

Well, I figured I'd continue this build thread in the build thread section, instead of the NewB intro forum. This is my 67 S-code, 4 speed coupe that I've owned for 10 years.

Mustang Sac Races 1.jpg

Or, at least that's how it looked back then. Roof paint badly faded, front valance munched, ugly (imo) torque thrust rims, and the cracked block 390 couldn't crack 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile, which is why I'm not wearing a helmet in this pic at Sac Raceway. Here's a more recent photo:

disassembled.png

I am building this up as a "restomod". I already detailed the engine, trans, & rear end info in the NewB thread, so I won't bore you with that again. Here's what I did yesterday - all the parts came in for my console modifications, so I got out some hole saws, took a deep breath, and started cutting up my beautiful and expensive console to add power window switches, cupholders, and a line lock button. My Dad used to always say, "Measure twice, cut once", but I think I measured about 10 times before I started drilling. I put a hidden button in the ashtray to turn on the line lock system, so that if the console button gets accidentally pushed, it won't do anything (safety 1st!). I think it turned out pretty sweet.

c1.JPG
c2.JPG
c3.JPG

That console came out really well! I admit I was expecting the worst when I saw the first pic with the clamp coming through the middle and the various holes.

Thanks for all the compliments. The cupholders came from a poker table accessories supply store! $8 for 2 stainless cupholders, perfect size for water bottle or coffee to-go cup.

Non-Mustang content: just dyno'ed my Infiniti G35 with the new cams and upgraded supercharger wheel: 531 RWHP on E85. Not bad for a V6...

Non-Mustang content: just dyno'ed my Infiniti G35 with the new cams and upgraded supercharger wheel: 531 RWHP on E85. Not bad for a V6...

More info on the G35?

I loved my G35. Sold it 2 years ago, it was just a stock sedan but fun to drive.

Don't want to get too far off track of the mustang build here, but the G35 is my daily driver, with all stock bodywork and wheels, so it's a sleeper. Vortech supercharged, and running E85. I painted the intercooler black with radiator paint, so you can't see it from the outside at all. Drives like a normal, every day car until you put your foot into it, then it takes off like a jet. Couldn't find the graph for the final pull of 531hp, but here's the run where it made 529hp/405tq. Haven't taken it to the track since installing the new cams and headers. It used to run high 12s before, when it was making 462rwhp. Can't wait to see what it does now.

Erik M G35 E75 final.jpg

Sweet! Sorry for the derail.

The G was one of my favorite daily driver's. Kind of wolf in sheep's clothing 350z. That little v6 is potent.

Been a while, so I guess I should post an update: been working on the house a lot, but managed to get some projects done on the Mustang.

Test fit engine, a/c parts, & clutch fan. Took some modifying (of course), but got everything to play nice.

IMG_5972.JPG
IMG_5631.JPG IMG_6035.JPG

Also welded in mounts for roll bar, and welded seat belt anchors into bar for retractable 3 point belts. Only 99,999 little things left to do...
IMG_6036.JPG IMG_6065.JPG

Ugh. House and other projects have kept me from doing any significant work on the Mustang for months. It's funny that when you're working on a big car project, as long as you are doing something, it seems manageable. As soon as you aren't moving forward, the whole thing seems overwhelming and like it will never get finished. Which, if I don't get in the garage and start working on it, it never will! This weekend I should finally be able to pull the cover back off and get wrenching again...

I agree. I've taken to the idea of trying to do something for the car every day, no matter how small. Even if its just researching a part or cleaning something.

Back