• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuse panel??

66gt350

I read a post a couple of days ago 'bout how the round glass fuses are getting harder and harder to come by. That brought a question to mind. Does someone make a direct replacement for our fuse blocks with one that will accept the blade fuses? So basically, I just take out the old fuse block and replace it.

-rob

None that I have ever seen. You would have to splice in a new box because the wiring of an after market one would never match the old system. It could be done if you wanted too.....

The fuse boxes that we're all used to have crimped connectors on the back side, so nothing would be a easy replacement. At the minimum, you'll need to find a fuse box and splice in every wire that goes to the existing fuse box into another box. Don't forget, many of the fuse ends in the box itself are tied together as well!

"Midlife" said:
The fuse boxes that we're all used to have crimped connectors on the back side, so nothing would be a easy replacement. At the minimum, you'll need to find a fuse box and splice in every wire that goes to the existing fuse box into another box. Don't forget, many of the fuse ends in the box itself are tied together as well!

I just started the process. If you're not afraid of cutting & splicing, it can be done, but it's not for the electrically faint of heart. I wouldn't be doing it if mine was in decent shape.

Also adding a panel for new circuits (separate relay switched feed), but that can be done easily w/o touching the old box.

Back