• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got my XDM 9mm today

Picked up a new Springfield XDM 9mm today. I have show the 40 XDM and the 40XD compact and really liked them. I got the 9 because it holds 19+1 :guns Nice little pistol. Anybody else have one?

Man, that is sweet! Here's a pic I found.
55667.jpg

Trigger safety. You have to press the safety down flush with the trigger to be able to fire the gun.

My old roommate is a deputy Sheriff and he uses an XD 45 as his primary weapon. I've shot it, and honestly...not a fan. I do think that it works great as a service pistol because it's light (easier to carry around) and reliable, but I just don't really enjoy shooting it. It doesn't fit my hands properly, I hate the grip safety with a fiery passion, and I don't like the balance of the gun. He seems to like it though, and he's a damn good shot with it.

He uses a Glock 30 as a concealed carry. Light, fits in his pocket even with the extended mag, and he's a damn good shot with it as well.

Personally, I like my roommate's Sig p229. Shoots .40 and .357 Sig with a quick barrel swap, feels good in my hands, has a better (IMO) safety system, and you can get hi-cap mags for it. I also really like the way it shoots. I can outshoot my roommate with his own gun:D

Seriously, I have owned and shot just about everything on the market. My favorite is the old tried and true 1911 and Browning HP. I shot the .45 XDM and the .40XD compact and .40 XDM. As you know everyone's hands and point of aim are different. This gun fits my hand and it points natural for me. I am sure I will like it. If not it will be easy to sell.

Hehe, sorry to bash on your new toy. I just don't like it for me personally. I think a lot of it is the fact that it just doesn't fit my hands properly. I think if it fits you, you'll be happy with it. It certainly serves my friend well. And it's based on the Glock design, so it's the kind of pistol you can bury in the dirt, pick up, and fire it without cleaning it.

I'm also a huge fan of 1911's. One of my friends picked up a Colt Commander recently, and another picked up a Kimber. I absolutely love shooting those guns. I even got to shoot them both at the same time, one in each hand :D I kinda have my eyes on a Springfield 1911, but it'll have to wait until I can stop spending money on cars.

I know what you mean. It took everything I had not to spend the extra funds on the 68. Last week I purchased a Beretta 96 .40 Brigadier. Sh!t, I could have had front and rear disks! Now I'm looking at a 2 1/2" Bulldog in .44 spec. That will make a nice carry revolver.

One of my other friends has a Ruger .454 casull revolver. Biggest, baddest pistol I've ever fired. He's 6'3, 240lbs, so it fits him like a 1911 fits me. Shoots .45 long colt as well, which is fun to plink cans with, but the casull rounds are monsters. I managed 4 shots one day. My hand hurt that evening.

My friend with the Colt recently bought a Smith and Wesson .38 snubnose as a possible concealed carry. Aluminum frame, built for +P. The +P ammo doesn't quite kick like the casull...but close, with such a light frame. Definitely an improvement on the standard .38 round.

Back