• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got the new turd home today....

SELLERSRODSHOP

So the polishing begins...:oops: Will be looking for a lot of used parts for now So if anybody has any leftover junk for sale cheap, let me know. If you dont see it in the pics, chances are I don’t have it. Mainly looking for the rear qtr extensions, taillights, headlight/ grill area stuff to bolt together & check alignment/ mock up when I start cutting on this thing in the future. Also will be looking for a couple door shells & hood eventually, but will probably source those locally due to shipping costs..
498032A6-0C20-4121-9715-53DFE1FE1523.jpeg
55FAB73F-676B-4F01-9D20-778BE651CA92.jpeg

I have the opentracker kit (you self assemble ) for the roller suspension, bought for my 68.

that’s good stuff,I bought Johns stuff that’s on my 69 back when I was making his shock tower reinforcement kits. Not sure just what I will do suspension wise yet. Going to get the floor, trunk floor in first and fab up some other goodies myself that I’ve been thinking about. Well, first thing I REALLY need to do is extend the garage here about 15 ft. What I have now is packed full of all the equipment I had at the old place...

Depending how far you go on it I have all kinds of stuff laying about. Lots of original bits and a fair amount of new stuff too. Smallish stuff. I kept almost all the original hardware and fasteners off mine when I upgraded to SS throughout. I things like the throttle linkage from the pedal up. I have the original grill corral and stuff. I have a nice pedal bracket and auto brake pedal. Long list of odd ball stuff. On the new side I have things like bumper brackets and all the bolts frame and bumpers. Lots of window mech roller pieces and things along that line. I have new door panels and arm rests in 66 dark red (liked it better than the "orange" 65 red.

Anyway, as you go along won't hurt to ask if I have something stashed away you could use.

Been slowly picking up parts when stuff pops up at a decent prive. Ironically, the fastback interior stuff that I thought would be hard to find is what I have found the easiest. Did pick up a new export brace & Monte Carlo bar on sale to see just how much sag the old towers had & they dropped right into place! That’s a first as even my 69 that has never been in a wreck took a little jacking around to fit.1E40059E-D9E9-40C0-ADC8-0A8F338A4DAD.jpeg

I would think that not having the weight of an engine in there helps with tower lean. I guess you'll find out when you actually install it.

Nice find. Less and less cars out there like this. In the ‘80s I used to be able to see cars like this all the time on the side of a house under a blue tarp or some such thing, but those days are long gone. In fact that’s how I bought my Mach 1 in 1987.

The odds of someone even owning the same house/garage/barn since the ‘70s (AND having a derelict muscle car tucked away on it) are getting pretty long. Good luck with yours!

^My issue is that the tower cap-to-cowl spacing is too short, by like 1". The brace actually touches the cowl. I've had it sitting on jack stands before for days trying to get it to settle, with no change. Maybe I just need to suck it up and try it again...

Nice find. Less and less cars out there like this. In the ‘80s I used to be able to see cars like this all the time on the side of a house under a blue tarp or some such thing, but those days are long gone. In fact that’s how I bought my Mach 1 in 1987.

The odds of someone even owning the same house/garage/barn since the ‘70s (AND having a derelict muscle car tucked away on it) are getting pretty long. Good luck with yours!

in the mid 80’s I had a yard full of them. I did work on all of the dealer lots and when they would have a “push/pull/drag” sale, the old cars would get hauled in to get the $1000 off the price of a new car. Whenever a mustang came in, they would wholesale them to me for $300-$500. Most were running driving cars, so would tune them up & detail & flip them for $1000-$1500. Pretty good racket when you are 18 yrs old...

also bought a 66 GT FB from a girl I went to school with for $350. Sold it at a traffic light on the way home for $900 & just hauled it to that guys house. Good times!

Back