• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

gtscode's overhead console

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Justin just gave me his overhead console which he had restored in between taking care of the family etc. and I must say he did an excellent job.
The lights are working perfectly. Now he can see what he's texting while cruising down the highway.

Again, good job!

vebu5evu.jpg

u3a3apa3.jpg

Craig:
Just out of curiosity, how does the wiring route for the overhead console?

Heck if I remember, for it was already in place and covered up with the headliner. Ahhh now I remember that the wire traveled along the RH rocker and then up the C pillar. Can't say if that was correct, but it was already in place and it works.

Remember, you can do it the correct way, the wrong way, or the....

dy5ubu5y.jpg

"janschutz" said:
Looks great. With the lights shining white instead of yellow, are they LED?

Yes I have almost all LED bulbs in the car. Just a few regular bulbs left. H4 headlights and all exterior lighting is LED including the tail lights.

"Midlife" said:
The correct way...

The way Craig ran it is the correct way!

It taps into the green wire that feeds the right hand door switch and runs down the right side.

I have posted pics on how I did it a few times.

How many of you who installed upper consoles cut the headliner to relieve the map light housing?

Seems like in an older post on the old site a bunch did relief cuts for the map lights.

I have read the same thing. I thought about it but, did not do it.

I had to remove mine to fix the wiring, it had been installed for quite some time at that point. The headliner around the light housing looked fine so, I just left it as it was.

I was really skeptical about cutting the headliner so I didn't do it, hoping it would stretch enough. Sounds like we might do it after all.

When I first installed min, I had to cut the headliner. It was old and did not stretch enough. When I replaced the headliner, It stretched enough and looks great.

Back